The Battle For The Control Of The Senate

Tiberius

A real barn burner going on in Georgia. The snowflake candidate (Republican Perdue) is running away from another debate with the Democrat who beat up on him really bad in the last debate. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/29/politics/georgia-senate-debate-ossoff-perdue/index.html

"Shame on you, Senator," Ossoff tweeted Thursday in response to the news. "At last night's debate, millions saw that Perdue had no answers when I called him out on his record of blatant corruption, widespread disease, and economic devastation." 

"Perhaps Sen. Perdue would have been able to respond properly to the Covid-19 pandemic if you hadn't been fending off multiple federal investigations for insider trading," Ossoff said, adding, "It's not just that you're a crook, senator, it's that you're attacking the health of the people that you represent."
Perdue -- who has said he welcomes a full review of his stock trades and claimed he was cleared "completely" by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and Senate Ethics Committee -- dismissed Ossoff's attack Wednesday as "nonsense."
Ossoff didn't directly dispute Perdue's accusation but said it was "so beneath the office of a US senator."
"You've continued to demean yourself throughout this campaign with your conduct. First, you were lengthening my nose in attack ads to remind everybody that I'm Jewish. Then when that didn't work, you started calling me some kind of Islamic terrorist. And then when that didn't work, you started calling me a Chinese communist," he said.
----------------------------------------
538 is giving the Dems a pretty good chance of taking the senate 
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, spartacus said:

House is in play  if Trump wins the popular vote

which is looking likely with Rs deciding their vote will matter in NY and CA for discussion on EC

Trump would need to win the popular vote by 4 or 5 points for the House to be in play. That’s not happening.

NY and CA are strongly blue and those will not be close.

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Trump would need to win the popular vote by 4 or 5 points for the House to be in play. That’s not happening.

cuomo and newsome are doing everything they can to make people vote for trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

No.  Trump trailed in the popular vote and R's had the house beginning 2017.   It's a steep climb for R's to take the house but Trump doesn't need any margin for it to happen. 

31 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

No.  Trump trailed in the popular vote and R's had the house beginning 2017.   It's a steep climb for R's to take the house but Trump doesn't need any margin for it to happen. 

Theres 216 house seats that are rated as Strong Dem or Likely Dem. For the Republicans to take the house, they would need to win all the seats leaning Dem and some of the seats that are likely Dem.

In order to do that, you’ll need to see Republicans come strong, which would correlate in a large Trump popular vote.

Theres 216 house seats that are rated as Strong Dem or Likely Dem. For the Republicans to take the house, they would need to win all the seats leaning Dem and some of the seats that are likely Dem.

In order to do that, you’ll need to see Republicans come strong, which would correlate in a large Trump popular vote.

Rated by who?  House seats are much harder to poll/predict than statewide elections.  I'm not saying R's will get a majority but we learned from 2016 that polling can be very flawed.  My district is easily +4 R in terms of registration.  the R candidate was the incumbent and really had no baggage and a good record.  He ran a lazy campaign and lost. 

Edited by keepthefaith

37 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Rated by who?  House seats are much harder to poll/predict than statewide elections.  I'm not saying R's will get a majority but we learned from 2016 that polling can be very flawed.  My district is easily +4 R in terms of registration.  the R candidate was the incumbent and really had no baggage and a good record.  He ran a lazy campaign and lost. 

I was using 270 to wins outlook. Yes, House polls are usually not as reliable since it’s harder to get a good sample, but you can still get a good idea of the electorate with how polarizing things are now.

I will give you that Trump not getting say +7 and winning the House is more likely than say Trump winning NY.