Black Monday for NFL injuries

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Conditioning is conditioning.

The oldest adage in the book, per vets who have played the game is “ You have to get into football shape.”  This doesn’t just include physical strength conditioning but getting a feel for what your body can and can’t do. 
    So yes, training camp and small doses of live fire drills ( preseason games) help vets acclimate their bodies to regular season play.

Exactly, that was my only point. That 2 Pre-Season games to me would be sufficient to get them into the right condition to reduce the injuries while not risking further injury. The starters play one quarter the first game and then the first half the second game and then, done. That should be the proper amount.

• Like (+1) 1

I was among those who were concerned that the lack of a preseason and strict limits on contact work in training camp might result in more injuries in the the early part of the season than is typical.  The good news is that after another week or so the frequency of injury should trend toward the average, at least it will if I'm right.

NFL & NFLPA just lost over $100 million in player value for the season due to half baked training camp policies, yet the NFL feels emboldened to fine coaches for not wearing masks on the sidelines.  Way to focus on the important stuff.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

NFL & NFLPA just lost over $100 million in player value for the season due to half baked training camp policies, yet the NFL feels emboldened to fine coaches for not wearing masks on the sidelines.  Way to focus on the important stuff.  

The NFL and its member clubs are prioritizing the safety of players, coaches, staff and fans above all else as we navigate the uncertainties of the COVID-19 virus.