Nervous about new house

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they'll be in control.  I met with the wife the other day.  She explained the new lots that were being cleared for houses, but mainly talked about school.  My wife is a 3rd grade teacher, so they were discussing that test i was talking about.  We're not lowballing them in any means.  It's just the initial offer that will get tinkered with slightly and signed unless someone else comes into the picture.

312281[/snapback]

PLEASE tell you wrote that it was subject to your attorney's approval before you signed. 0:)

PLEASE tell you wrote that it was subject to your attorney's approval before you signed. 0:)

312853[/snapback]

Yes.

I have sufficiently covered my butt with the offer. I'm just in a holding pattern now to either receive good news, no news, or a counter offer. I hate doing crap on a friday!

bad time to update my house thread, but here we go.

Market value = $98,000

Their listing price = $110000

their 2002 purchase price = $90000

My initial offer = $100000, they pay $3000 for closing, we get $3000 for carpet allowance.

Their counter offer = $108500, $3000 closing, $2000 carpet

My FINAL offer = $105000, 2000 carpet, 3000 closing.

According to everyone involved, they're either not willing to sell, or in denial. I should have included in the counter offer that they would be forced to use the contract as toilet paper. Ok, i';ll be looking to see if they accept in a couple of hours.

Wow, real estate appreciation is a lot slower down there. My neighborhood is up about 50% since 2002.

I hope the sellers realize that the house won't appraise higher than market, so unless the buyer has a large down payment, the bank won't approve the loan & they'll never be able to sell it until they come down.

Relax. If you FEEL that this is the right house, then there is nothing wrong with moving quickly.

I bought mine two months ago, and the time from being shown the house to having my offer accepted was just under 48 hours.

I have no regrets. By moving fast I was able to complete my deal before the home even officially hit the market.

Sometimes you just know.

Regards,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

After some thought about my emotions, and the reality that the house WILL NOT(!!!!) sell to anyone not paying straight up cash, i'm fairly confident that they'll either accept my offer after some weekend discussion, or they'll reject it and i'll submit another offer in a month if we haven't found something else before then. Their loss, not mine.

New house, new bid... Our buyer agent is also the seller agent for the people, who just happen to be a teacher at our school. We have a personal relationship with them. Anyways, we're financially prepared to take on the full listed price and full closing cost if need be, however it won't come to that. Things are looking good though. The only added cost was that i had to hire an attorney to look ouit for me, since this is a dual agent situation. Bid is obviously contingent on inspection. I'll know by tomorrow morning.+

EDIT: Ok, their counteroffer was a lower house price but we pay all closing costs. Works out that they make their original asking price for the house, and for us that our mortgage payment will be a lot lower than it originally would have been. There is only one downfall though. We were both planning on going back to college, so we might have to put that off a semseter. I'd also have to get a summer job because i'm on a 10 month pay scale. So, we're basically short some coin for the next couple of months, but it will be all good... (and so i don't get 3000 threads regarding spending all my savings on the down payment, hear me out... we've still got plenty of savings left for a cushion, just not enough to go to the beach every weekend this summer.) Wish me luck