Who in God's Name started this NC Rumor?

Tolstoy

Has any of the major media outlets reported that the Bills might trade NC to the Skins? Who started this stupid rumor anyhow?

There is no way in hell it is going to happen. What, trade a proven vet. for some draft picks, just because he is in the last year of his contract? More likely is that TD will draft a corner for security in the event that Nate doesn't sign next year. More likely is that he pulls off a Pearless Price move next year on Nate.

But trade away a proven Pro-Bowl corner and replace him with...what? A rookie? Get real folks. It ain't going to happen, and thank God.

You guys are draft drunk. Go get some fresh air.

Actually, I do think the Washington Post reported there was interest from the Redskins in Nate Clements, but they didnt even talk to the Bills about a trade, so its not completely made up.

But I agree, the constant "if we trade NC for two first rounders, next year's first rounder, and the Hogettes..." posts are getting annoying.

Has any of the major media outlets reported that the Bills might trade NC to the Skins?  Who started this stupid rumor anyhow?

There is no way in hell it is going to happen.  What, trade a proven vet. for some draft picks, just because he is in the last year of his contract?  More likely is that TD will draft a corner for security in the event that Nate doesn't sign next year.  More likely is that he pulls off a Pearless Price move next year on Nate. 

But trade away a proven Pro-Bowl corner and replace him with...what?  A rookie?  Get real folks.  It ain't going to happen, and thank God.

You guys are draft drunk.  Go get some fresh air.

311054[/snapback]

Nice post. I predict lots of major hangovers Sunday morning. :w00t:

Agreed. It seems both absurd to me and highly unlikely that the Bills would see this as a viable option unless numerous day one picks were involved. Even with numerous picks, we would not see the return on investment for a good two or three years.

I am sure this was posted before, but here's the link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2005Apr18.html

subscription required..

Some in the league are also watching Buffalo star Nate Clements closely; Clements, drafted by Williams when he was the Bills' head coach, has one year left on his contract, but Buffalo might deem too expensive to re-sign.

Like Oakland, the Bills lack a first-round pick. Gibbs denied any trade discussions with Buffalo last week and Clements's agent, Neil Cornrich, declined to comment on any potential interest in Clements yesterday, but during a conversation last week spoke glowingly of the player's bond with Williams.

"Nate tremendously enjoyed playing for Coach Williams and he seemed to be a very good fit for Gregg's system," Cornrich said. "Nate led the Bills in interceptions every year he played for coach Williams and he's certainly one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL."

Has any of the major media outlets reported that the Bills might trade NC to the Skins?  Who started this stupid rumor anyhow?

There is no way in hell it is going to happen.  What, trade a proven vet. for some draft picks, just because he is in the last year of his contract?  More likely is that TD will draft a corner for security in the event that Nate doesn't sign next year.  More likely is that he pulls off a Pearless Price move next year on Nate. 

But trade away a proven Pro-Bowl corner and replace him with...what?  A rookie?  Get real folks.  It ain't going to happen, and thank God.

You guys are draft drunk.  Go get some fresh air.

311054[/snapback]

I don't know but the literary world sure could use their creativity.