Draft deals in the works ...

It looks like the Dolphins will be trading with the Vikings. The cost will be both 1st rders (#7 & #18) and a mid rd pick. It's not for certain but this talk is picking up momentum. Another Miami deal that should happen during the draft is CB Patrick Surtain for KC's 2nd rd pick. This is nothing unheard of but the hold up is based on CB Carlos Rogers being picked before KC's pick at #15. You are never going to guess who could jump in the TH sweepstakes. That's right, Miami. If coach Nick Saban chooses to go another way with the #2 pick, and it looks like he will, then the chance of Henry landing in Miami will be renewed. Of course Tampa and Arizona trades are still alive.

Philly, oh Philly, they are looking to move up in the 1st rd to address concerns at the WR and defensive line spot. Cincinatti (#17) and Dallas (#20) are two likely targets.

Man, this is going to be one heck of a draft!

if the vikings do this they are the dumbest team in teh fuggin league. Why trade two value first round slots for a spot NOONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WANTS TO TRADE INTO? WTF ARE THEY THINKING?

311066[/snapback]

They apparently REALLY want Braylon Edwards...the lure of drafting another potential Michigan WR flop is too great for them!

They apparently REALLY want Braylon Edwards...the lure of drafting another potential Michigan WR flop is too great for them!

311067[/snapback]

Maybe...maybe not.

Vikings set to move up, or down

BY DON SEEHOLZER

Pioneer Press

April 20, 2005

The Vikings have talked to some teams at the top of this weekend's NFL draft, but that doesn't mean they're looking to trade up from the No. 7 spot.

In fact, according to team vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski, they could just as easily end up moving in the opposite direction.

"I don't want to name teams," Brzezinski said Tuesday. "I will confirm we have talked to teams ahead of us and behind us. We're looking for value. We want to know what it would cost us to move up. It's also possible we could move back for the right value."

Minnesota, which owns the seventh and 18th selections of the first round, reportedly has talked to San Francisco, Miami and Cleveland — which are scheduled to pick first through third, respectively — about a possible trade.

The Vikings' No. 1 need is at wide receiver, and a top-three pick likely would ensure them a shot at this year's top prospect, Michigan's Braylon Edwards, or Southern California's Mike Williams.

Anything is possible, according to Brzezinski, but he said the chances of a trade down are just as likely. That won't create the same buzz as the trade-up rumors, but Brzezinski said the Vikings will continue to talk trade with teams above and below them and that he expects those discussions to continue through Saturday.

"It's likely we'll pick at seven," he said. "All we're doing is exploring our options. We're wide open."

311067[/snapback]

I think he's the best reciever prospect ever to come out of Michigan. Far better than Terrell when he came out and even probobly better than the well dressed Amani Toomer. Watch his games against Texas and MSU, he was doing the Owens thing where he just took over those games....and he had a true freshman throwing to him.

If theres one guy Im sold on in this draft, it's Braylon Edwards.

The only reason I can see MIN moving up to #2 is because they feel Edwards will be gone with #3 to CLE and I can see CHI taking Mike Williams at #4. Because if i'm CHI brass, there's no way in hell I allow divisional rival MIN to replace Randy Moss that easily. The real question is of coarse, can the Vikings do all this trading AND still get their pick in on time? :w00t:

Miami needs to start stockpiling picks...I think Saban realizes that he needs to build that offense from scratch at this point, and it wont be a quick rebound if they just get a RB or WR with that #2 overall pick.  Smart move on their part.

311041[/snapback]

That is bad for us...We don't want the Phish to succeed... :w00t: