Anyone thinking Oakland has been smart?

MrLocke

I'm thinking Oakland has been smart with the trades they have made. They got rid of the 7th pick in the first round where the value is not to land Moss and added a second round and third round pick where the value is. I think Oakland would also be a good judge of the talent at the top too because their staff coached the North at the Senior Bowl. Anyway do others concur?

I'm thinking Oakland has been smart with the trades they have made. They got rid of the 7th pick in the first round where the value is not to land Moss and added a second round and third round pick where the value is. I think Oakland would also be a good judge of the talent at the top too because their staff coached the North at the Senior Bowl. Anyway do others concur?

310921[/snapback]

I agree. Oakaland is getting stronger on offense, but they will still be hampered by their defense, unless something drastic happens between now and September.

They will be a very fun team to watch, but really no better than 6-10, or 8-8 for the next year or two...still, getting rid of bad attitudes and big salaries is never a bad thing...with Moss there, they are starting to shape up like the Vikings of the AFC. Lots of O, little d!

Their offense is going to be Top 5 in the NFL this year for sure...the games between them and KC will be great to watch in terms of entertainment since neither team will be able to stop each other's offense. That being said, I agree with Buftex...the best they can hope for is 8-8. Their Defense is even worse than the Chiefs at this point.

Their offense is going to be Top 5 in the NFL this year for sure...the games between them and KC will be great to watch in terms of entertainment since neither team will be able to stop each other's offense.  That being said, I agree with Buftex...the best they can hope for is 8-8.  Their Defense is even worse than the Chiefs at this point.

310946[/snapback]

Now if they can just dump Sapp......I want him to have zero success in Oakland or anywhere else.

Their offense is going to be Top 5 in the NFL this year for sure...the games between them and KC will be great to watch in terms of entertainment since neither team will be able to stop each other's offense.  That being said, I agree with Buftex...the best they can hope for is 8-8.  Their Defense is even worse than the Chiefs at this point.

310946[/snapback]

If KC can land surtain in a trade than draft thomas davis in the 1st and Kevin Burnett in the 2nd. they will have landed potentially 4 new starters to a horrible defense. All KC has to do is get their defense up to around middle of the pack and they're a superbowl contender. If I'm forced to chose between Dick Vermeil and Trent Green or Norv Turner and Captain Kerry. I'm chosing Vermeil/Green

P.S. With that said though I still like the Chargers to win the afc west

I was trying to get at the idea of where they have stockpiled picks. They have the 6th pick in the second round 38th overall and the 15th pick in the second round or 47th overall and this is supposedly where the value is. also they got rid of the 7th pick overall in the first round where the value ain't. I just thought this was very smart. Also given that they coached at the senior bowl they probably have a great idea of the player's personalities.

Yup.

Raiders will be tough. But they still need a real running back (Travis?) and decide what to do with the underachieving woodson. But yea. They've done a great job this offseason. You can't argue that Moss is the best WR in the league. the players don't think of him as a 'cancer' and you can't argue his production.

Yup.

Raiders will be tough. But they still need a real running back (Travis?) and decide what to do with the underachieving woodson. But yea. They've done a great job this offseason. You can't argue that Moss is the best WR in the league. the players don't think of him as a 'cancer' and you can't argue his production.

310978[/snapback]

The Raiders signed Lamont Jordan in the off-season to be their primary RB.

Yup.

310978[/snapback]

Hey Nodnarb! I know a Brandon Beever yes thats his real name he goes by Nodnarb Raveeb.