Canadian Social Distancing

"The tourist hot spot of Niagara Falls has gained a new photo-op for social distancing

At the famous waterfalls on the U.S.-Canadian border, Canadian ferries are limited to just six passengers per boat, out of a 700 person capacity. But on the U.S. side, the ferries are operating at 50% capacity, according to Maid of the Mist boat tours...

Mory DiMaurizio, general manager and vice president of Canada’s Hornblower Niagara Cruises, said the limits placed on its business by the Ontario provincial government were “disappointing” and that it was “frustrating” to see the American boats relatively full., said the limits placed on its business by the Ontario provincial government were “disappointing” and that it was “frustrating” to see the American boats relatively full."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2-boats-niagara-falls-show-122553027.html

Wonder if Hornblower Niagara Cruises is now happy they outbid MO the Mist for the concession.

maid of mist.jpg

57 minutes ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

Yeahbutt they get gyms, movie theaters and hockey rinks this week. So for someone like me who hasn’t skated since Rudy Gobert, I’d rather be a hoser canuck right now.

Hockey rinks are opening back up in those areas of NYS that were in the 1st regions to enter Phase 4.

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Better than paying a trillion dollar bailout

... and having to pay another trillion or three to keep the economy afloat because the rampant coronavirus is forcing 30+ states to halt or rollback opening.

1 hour ago, 123719bwiqrb said:

No competitive gaming for kids or adult beer leagues yet, just clinics for kids so far here in WNY.

Fingers crossed!

Teams are able to rent ice starting this weekend.  So, they're pick up games for adults, but it beats no hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

6 passengers on a boat for 700?  Why not just shut it down entirely?  It certainly costs a lot more than six tickets to operate.

47 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Oops.  Oh well....if they don't mind Saint Justin showing up in blackface I'm guessing they won't mind a little budget deficit.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Ra-cha-cha.

Would assume those others as well.

Awesome, me and the kid are equally excited.  Probably mid August for us WNYers then.  As long as the numbers stay the same...

And it is a big relief that I don't have to become a moose loving maple leaf now.

Edited by 123719bwiqrb

Just now, 123719bwiqrb said:

Awesome, me and the kid are equally excited.  Probably mid August for us WNYers then.  As long as the numbers stay the same...

That sounds about right.

Good luck w/ it.