White Trash: Kentucky style

I don't love the term "white trash" but nevertheless,  I'm not sure that it applies here. I also doubt if "mushrooms" were involved. This sounds like a plain old acid trip to me. This particular one would rank high on the list but I have heard of, and witnessed people having some awfully strange trips:

1) A person I know was at an outdoor concert and wound up in the "bummer tent." He was nude, and thought that he was fighting in the Revolutionary War.

2) One night about 8 or 10 of us were at a Grateful Dead Concert in Manhattan. We all lived in Queens. A friend of mine was tripping. The Dead played the song "Saint Stephen" and he waited for the applause to die down, at which time he stood up and shouted, "I SURRENDER!"  He then handed all of his belongings (to include his weed, money, keys, cigarettes, matches, etc.) to strangers and stormed out of the concert hall. I asked him wtf he was doing but he was not to be denied. We got his property back but he was gone. Keep in mind that the East River separates Queens and Manhattan, and he had given away the needed subway and bus fare. He made it home, but didn't remember how.

3) Another guy I know at the peak of his trip, had to go home for something. He saw his mother who sounded the same but looked like Jimi Hendrix.

I could go on and on about the people I saw tripping which also happened while I was working, but I would love to hear any funny (for lack of a better word) tripping stories some of you might know of. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

22 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I would love to hear any funny (for lack of a better word) tripping stories some of you might know of. 

It was 2000, and I guy I knew at the restaurant where I served (right after college ended) had tickets for Widespread Panic here in Cincy at the concert venue on the river. 

I had leftover (STRONG) mushrooms from Hookahville about three weeks prior. We both decided to take more than the normal half-1/8th. 

Drove in, sat for 20 minutes, then began walking in. 

He's like, "we have really good seats." 

We kept going towards the stage, past many levels of extra security where only these tickets could get you.

Eventually, as things began to progess with the stinky blues, we get to FRONT AND CENTER, 1st row at the stage. The band is like 4' high over my head and 4' away in front. And it's loud........and I'm just melting my face off at this point. After two songs, escaped and went all the way to the back fence outside of the arena, as far away as I could get without leaving. Just wanted to jump it and go to the river and get underwater. First and only bad trip.

Luckily, a girl and another guy who clearly wasn't having the best experience either came over and we all sat around for 2 hours till things began to wear off. She really kept us together. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

It was 2000, and I guy I knew at the restaurant where I served (right after college ended) had tickets for Widespread Panic here in Cincy at the concert venue on the river. 

I had leftover (STRONG) mushrooms from Hookahville about three weeks prior. We both decided to take more than the normal half-1/8th. 

We kept going towards the stage, past many levels of extra security where only these tickets could get you.

Eventually, as things began to progess with the stinky blues, we get to FRONT AND CENTER, 1st row at the stage. The band is like 4' high over my head and 4' away in front. And it's loud........and I'm just melting my face off at this point. After two songs, escaped and went all the way to the back fence outside of the arena, as far away as I could get without leaving. Just wanted to jump it and go to the river and get underwater. First and only bad trip.

Luckily, a girl and another guy who clearly wasn't having the best experience either came over and we all sat around for 2 hours till things began to wear off. She really kept us together. 

Thank God. Excellent!!!

4 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

This is not a tripping story but a few WSP stories. I would see them every year at The Fox when I lived in Oakland. It’s GA so I was on “the rail” for every show. You said they are loud.  I love loud but dammit Jimmy!  Turn that ***** down!

One show they play Zepplin’s D’yer Mak’er for their encore. As John is singing “oh oh oh oh oh oh” I look at David and mouth “really??”  He shrugs his shoulders to say “wasn’t my idea.”  I love taking pics at shows and scroll through them as I listen to the music. I look up and David mouths “get off your phone”. I hold up my phone and show him a picture of him and he says “oh ok”. ?

I miss my shows. ?

A2C416E2-4370-419C-BFD9-78711F0945FF.jpeg

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2