If Trump loses and refuses to leave

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My God you people are such a morose bunch.   

President = Russian Agent.  Democracy at its finest.

President = Impeachment gambit, 

Democracy at its finest. 

SC Nominee = Serial Rapist as alleged by presumed VP elect.
Democracy at its finest, 

President lawfully challenges election = OMG how could this happen !! 

“Come on ladies, no crying in the breast milk!”

-Patches O’Houlihan (RIP) 

I see you're back to tossing insults today. Your civility was nice while it lasted I guess.

Let me repeat with bold what you just responded to.

We can and hopefully will do better in the future than repeating the last 4 years tantrum for both parties. 

It's possible to live in a world where instead of assuming the worst about people, we give them the benefit of the doubt. This is not a lesson I impart from my high horse. It's something I struggle with every day. 

Edited by shoshin

45 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I see you're back to tossing insults today. Your civility was nice while it lasted I guess.

Let me repeat with bold what you just responded to.

It's possible to live in a world where instead of assuming the worst about people, we give them the benefit of the doubt. This is not a lesson I impart from my high horse. It's something I struggle with every day. 

It wasn’t an insult, it was an observation.  Apologies if you felt I was targeting you unfairly. 

I understand the concept you’re speaking of, and your hope for something better. 

At this point, it’s a pipe dream and unrealistic.  Your desire for “better”, while noble, requires I set aside what I already know to be true and forgive and forget.  That means I ratify the following as the norm for the electorate:

-You don’t like a nominee, accuse him of being lead engineer on a rape train.  Why? It gets you the VP spot.   

-You don’t like a president, accuse his supporters of racism, hatred, misogyny, and low intellectual capacity.  Why?  It works. Tens of millions believe it. 

-You don’t like a president? Appeal to the natural inclination of  folks as it relates to boogeymen and paint him Red.  Why?  It works, it worked for a while for McCarthy and clearly worked 2016-2020.  

This isn’t even about Biden and the reality that we’re a few months out from dependence on foreign oil and the vast implications that has for our personal situation (and national security).  I can understand the emotional appeal that guilt has for folks naturally inclined to feel guilty for having nice things, but this is something different. 

Better in your world means much, much worse in mine. Pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It wasn’t an insult, it was an observation.  Apologies if you felt I was targeting you unfairly. 

I understand the concept you’re speaking of, and your hope for something better. 

At this point, it’s a pipe dream and unrealistic.  Your desire for “better”, while noble, requires I set aside what I already know to be true and forgive and forget.  That means I ratify the following as the norm for the electorate:

-You don’t like a nominee, accuse him of being lead engineer on a rape train.  Why? It gets you the VP spot.   

-You don’t like a president, accuse his supporters of racism, hatred, misogyny, and low intellectual capacity.  Why?  It works. Tens of millions believe it. 

-You don’t like a president? Appeal to the natural inclination of  folks as it relates to boogeymen and paint him Red.  Why?  It works, it worked for a while for McCarthy and clearly worked 2016-2020.  

This isn’t even about Biden and the reality that we’re a few months out from dependence on foreign oil and the vast implications that has for our personal situation (and national security).  I can understand the emotional appeal that guilt has for folks naturally inclined to feel guilty for having nice things, but this is something different. 

You don't like a nominee - accuse his son of lots of crimes (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee - accuse him of taking millions from Russia  (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee who "landslides" you - accuse him of fraud  (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee - try and overturn the results of an election 

Trump uses power of presidency to try to overturn the election and stay in office Trump campaign lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani claimed at a news conference on Nov. 19 that President Trump lost the election because of a baseless conspiracy. (Zach Purser Brown/The Washington Post)

November 19, 2020 at 11:02 p.m. EST
Add to list

President Trump is using the power of his office to try to reverse the results of the election, orchestrating a far-reaching pressure campaign to persuade Republican officials in Michigan, Georgia and elsewhere to overturn the will of voters in what critics decried Thursday as an unprecedented subversion of democracy.

After courts rejected the Trump campaign’s baseless allegations of widespread voter fraud, the president is now trying to remain in power with a wholesale assault on the integrity of the vote by spreading misinformation and trying to persuade loyal Republicans to manipulate the electoral system on his behalf.

In an extraordinary news conference Thursday at the Republican National Committee headquarters, Trump’s attorneys claimed without evidence there was a centralized conspiracy with roots in Venezuela to rig the U.S. presidential election. They alleged voter fraud in Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia and other cities whose municipal governments are controlled by Democrats and where President-elect Joe Biden won by large margins.

Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani alongside a map showing four key states in red during a news conference Thursday at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington.
Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani alongside a map showing four key states in red during a news conference Thursday at the Republican National Committee headquarters in Washington. (Sarah Silbiger/for The Washington Post)

“We cannot allow these crooks — ’cause that’s what they are — to steal an election from the American people,” said one of the attorneys, Rudolph W. Giuliani. “They elected Donald Trump; they didn’t elect Joe Biden. Joe Biden is in the lead because of the fraudulent ballots, the illegal ballots that were produced and that were allowed to be used after the election was over. Give us an opportunity to prove it in court and we will.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-uses-power-of-presidency-to-try-to-overturn-the-election-and-stay-in-office/2020/11/19/bc89caa6-2a9f-11eb-8fa2-06e7cbb145c0_story.html

Edited by Tiberius

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You don't like a nominee - accuse his son of lots of crimes (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee - accuse him of taking millions from Russia  (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee who "landslides" you - accuse him of fraud  (no evidence)

You don't like a nominee - try and overturn the results of an election 

Exactly. Respond in kind to the narrative you supported the last 4 years.  

I’ve said it previously, Trump as a counter puncher critiquing Biden as he pursues a global agenda at the expense of our citizens might well be the best thing that has happened to this country in decades.  We’ve seen some tremendous movement toward diversity, with luck that continues.   

That wil not look anything at all like what @shoshin advocates.  We agree. 

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Exactly. Respond in kind to the narrative you supported the last 4 years.  

I’ve said it previously, Trump as a counter puncher critiquing Biden as he pursues a global agenda at the expense of our citizens might well be the best thing that has happened to this country in decades.  We’ve seen some tremendous movement toward diversity, with luck that continues.   

That wil not look anything at all like what @shoshin advocates.  We agree. 

I laugh when people refer to an abject coward as a counter-puncher.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

AGAIN, read what I wrote. Better behavior from BOTH parties is what we need. 

The Dem tantrum in the last 4 years is very bad. 

8 minutes ago, shoshin said:

AGAIN, read what I wrote. Better behavior from BOTH parties is what we need. 

The Dem tantrum in the last 4 years is very bad. 

Seriously--I read it.  I absorbed it.  I understood it.  On some level, I want it to happen. I really do believe you personally hope for the best.  We would likely agree on 80% of topics discussed and disagree  respectfully on the other 20%.  

It cannot happen. Perhaps is there was a different nominee, someone looking to heal the nation, or not knee deep in attempting to steal my vote last time.  

The party in power, in this case, dems, can extend the olive branch all they want, but it's natural and predictable that the party out of power says "Oh, now you want to play nice?  GTFOH.".   

We might as well get to it.  If I am wrong, and we find some common ground, I'll be the first to acknowledge it.  For now, I have no interest in it. 

Rudy Giuliani’s post-election meltdown starts to become literal

By 
Dan Zak and 
November 19, 2020 at 11:17 p.m. EST

It’s very simple, according to Rudolph W. Giuliani and the rest of President Trump’s legal posse, but also very vast. China is in on it. Cuba is in on it. Antifa and George Soros are in on it. At least two presidents of Venezuela, one dead and one living, are in on it. Big Tech is in on it; a Web server from Germany is involved (there’s always a server involved). Multiple major U.S. cities are in on it, as are decent American citizens who volunteer at polling precincts. Argentina is in on it, too, sort of. Chicago Mayor Richard Daley was in on it back in 1960, when, according to an unproved conspiracy theory, he stole the presidency for John F. Kennedy, thereby launching an ongoing pattern of corrupt cities stuffing or scrapping ballots. The “it” is a massive, premeditated scheme to steal the election from Donald Trump, according to Giuliani, and it also involved corralling poll watchers at great distances from the ballot counting.

Perhaps a cinematic example would help explain.

“Did you all watch ‘My Cousin Vinny?’ You know, the movie?” Giuliani asked Thursday. He was sweating at a lectern in the small lobby of the Republican National Committee headquarters on Capitol Hill. “It’s one of my favorite law movies, ’cause he comes from Brooklyn.”

About 100 journalists and hangers-on had crammed into this potential coronavirusincubator for a news conference on the perverse legal strategy of President Donald J. Trump’s failed reelection campaign, which Giuliani is trying to hustle toward a twist ending. As the former New York mayor digressed about votes that could’ve been cast by dead people and Mickey Mouse, Trump campaign officials were at their headquarters in nearby Rosslyn, Va., winding down operations and closing out the budget.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

You don't like a nominee - accuse his son of lots of crimes (no evidence) Don, Jr. / Trump Tower meeting

You don't like a nominee - accuse him of taking millions from Russia  (no evidence) Trump loans from non-existent Alpha Bank / Trump Tower Moscow, which doesn't exist.

You don't like a nominee who "landslides" you - accuse him of fraud  (no evidence) Russian collusion accusations and subsequent three year investigation.

You don't like a nominee - try and overturn the results of an election Russia hoax / Impeachment for B.S. reasons

So what you're saying is this has been done before.

I'm not saying that two wrongs make things right but holy hell, this post of yours can easily apply to 2016.

28 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

oh my this Minnesota Michigan mixup - what a shocker

This from the elite strike force legal team. The judges are dismissing these cases as fast as they are filing them, but Trump's attorneys have now asked for a reset and would like to make their "opening statement" again. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, shoshin said:

This from the elite strike force legal team. The judges are dismissing these cases as fast as they are filing them, but Trump's attorneys have now asked for a reset and would like to make their "opening statement" again. 

Trump's lawyers are beyond incompetent.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, shoshin said:

I kid you not, really, that critical and convincing affidavit, the subject matter of which has been the root of Giuliani's strike force presser yesterday was...Exhibit... 

Well just open it and see which Exhibit # it got:

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.gand.283580/gov.uscourts.gand.283580.7.1_2.pdf

Minnesota, Michigan...what's the diff. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Trump's lawyers are beyond incompetent.

Sure seems that way. Their star witness (this after their last star witness recanted his testimony and later recanted his recant) screwed the pooch but not until after they had a press conference all about him!

What. A. Shock. 

Edited by shoshin