Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Big Ben is back - Steelers AFC North favorite?

On 5/18/2020 at 1:06 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Ravens or Steelers - who ya got?

I like the men of steel

I would not put the Steelers as the favorite over the Ravens. The Steelers lost Jason Hargrave in free agency who I think will be a significant loss on defense and there is no guarantee that they will be a top offense with Big Ben. The Steelers offense was struggling with Big Ben. Ju Ju as a number one receiver might not work and Connor as Lev Bell's replacement isn't working as planned. Yes they still won 8 games and were sitting at 8-5 before losing their last 3 games without Big Ben and riding on a great defense. But the defense lost one of its best players and there is no guarantee Big Ben turns around that offense enough or stays healthy. 

I would give the Steelers a good chance to nab a wildcard spot but not to compete with the Raven's for the division. 

On 5/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

They went 8-8 a year after losing Bell, Brown,  and Big Ben starting a guy named duck and terrible Mason.  The AfC north is going to be a beast this year. 

A beast of burden.

Baltimore wins the division and after that an 8-8 Pittsburgh or Cleveland will have a shot at the 7 seed.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 1:44 PM, LeviF91 said:

You may not like it, but this is what peak male performance looks like.  Deal with it.

alg-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-jpg.jpg

Farley Did His Own Stunts from 25 Secrets About Tommy Boy in Honor ...

• Haha (+1) 3

I think the Ravens win the division, but the AFC North is gradually turning into a really tough division with three good teams, assuming Cleveland is finally making progress.

How much of a mess are the Steelers if they signed 5 of the dozen XFL guys who got NFL contracts?

On 5/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, RobbRiddick said:

Did he say "He's baaaaaaaaack" at the end or "he's faaaaaaaaat" ?

Most of that fat is in Rapelessbuger's head.........

On 5/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, ScottLaw said:

They played a 3rd string QB who had no business starting. Duck Hodges is god awful..... if the Bills lost that game they didn’t deserve a playoff spot. 

Yet, the team still went 8-8, get big ben back, and the Browns are the bigger threat to the Ravens. Great logic.