OT: Wish me luck, TBD!

I've chatted with some of you regarding my soul-sucking job. I've been interviewing at a place for a couple weeks now, made two trips in.

I'm meeting with the CEO tomorrow. If he likes me, it's a done deal on the spot. He wants to meet me because I guess my compensation requirements were higher than most of their folks.

Company is privately held, very profitable. Goal is either public push or stay private and continue to rake it in. I could use some tips here... never had a CEO in the interview chain.

-Jeff

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've chatted with some of you regarding my soul-sucking job.  I've been interviewing at a place for a couple weeks now, made two trips in.

I'm meeting with the CEO tomorrow. If he likes me, it's a done deal on the spot.  He wants to meet me because I guess my compensation requirements were higher than most of their folks.

Company is privately held, very profitable. Goal is either public push or stay private and continue to rake it in.  I could use some tips here... never had a CEO in the interview chain.

-Jeff

308378[/snapback]

use "we" when speaking about you and the company. they like that. just don't overdo it.

knock em dead man.

Two things:

1) When you tell them what you can do, make sure you tell them what it means to them.

"I have the ability to blah, blah, blah...and what this means to you and the company is blah, blah, blah."

2) Tell him you want the job, but do it a part of the conversation.

"McJeff, we're a profitable, private company with plans for growth."

"And that's why I want to work here, Mr.CEO. Growth means opportunity, and I want a job that has plenty of opportunity."

Oh...good luck.

Why? At the fag bar you work at you don't.....fuggin' hypocrite.

308393[/snapback]

:D:lol:

Everyone in this class is staring at me wondering what the hell I'm laughing at!!

-Jeff

You got this far you're going to get the job.

Be 100% positive. You can do he job. What you don't know on the first day you can learn right away. You would like to be a aprt of their family. Hours? You do whatever it takes to get the job done.

When the CEO taps his stack of papers the meeting is over.

Good Luck !!

Be direct. Ask questions about the company's plans. Ask how you can participate in the success you help to create. CEO's like to hear that people plan to be on board for the long term. If they are hiring you in a senior role they expect you to go above and beyond.

Why? At the fag bar you work at you don't.....fuggin' hypocrite.

308393[/snapback]

Our best customer shows up sporting a bit of a hangover. I've always been amazed by your ability to dance so well with that fist so deeply "deposited." You're obviously an athlete.

I've chatted with some of you regarding my soul-sucking job.  I've been interviewing at a place for a couple weeks now, made two trips in.

I'm meeting with the CEO tomorrow. If he likes me, it's a done deal on the spot.  He wants to meet me because I guess my compensation requirements were higher than most of their folks.

Company is privately held, very profitable. Goal is either public push or stay private and continue to rake it in.  I could use some tips here... never had a CEO in the interview chain.

-Jeff

308378[/snapback]

Also, remember, its just another Man or woman. Be yourself, be direct. Remind them that you'll be an asset to their company.

Just stay away from Ludes for a couple days prior to the interview :w00t:

Seriously, good luck ;)