OT-heading to LA next week

What kind of music are you into ?? If into the club scene check out clubplanet.com can find good clebs there and get on guestlists, if you are trying to go out in Hollywood get on a guestlist or you probably wont get in have fun the weather out here has been great

yeah..i'd like to avoid that

i'm not into the club scene...that might just be because i'm poor and feel like crap after i pay 40 bucks to get into somewhere though

this trip is fully covered by NIH though (except for alcohol) so...i dunno, i don't really have any ideas and i'm not used to hitting the town alone

are there any famous must sees? or eats? or do?

actually, i really don't care much about seeing things...the local famous eats of different regions i visit seem to intrigue me the most...i remember seeing on foodnetwork some famous hot dog or chili dog place in LA...anyone know what that is?

i'm not into the club scene...that might just be because i'm poor and feel like crap after i pay 40 bucks to get into somewhere though

this trip is fully covered by NIH though (except for alcohol) so...i dunno, i don't really have any ideas and i'm not used to hitting the town alone

actually, i really don't care much about seeing things...

308072[/snapback]

sooooooooo you don't really want to go anyplace cool or see any sights, yet you post asking for things to do. interesting.

Pinks on La Brea is the hot dog place, go to hollywood and highland to see graumans chinese theatre Los Angeles is expensive you will pay for parking everywhere ya go Miyagis on sunset there is no cover decent sushi but drinksare around $10or more whereever ya go, check out the santa monica pier and 3rd st prominade in santa monica or venice beach on a weekend also some nice beach bars in hermosa beach

actually, i really don't care much about seeing things...the local famous eats of different regions i visit seem to intrigue me the most...i remember seeing on foodnetwork some famous hot dog or chili dog place in LA...anyone know what that is?

308072[/snapback]

I never mind hitting a town up on my own. I love to meet new people and its much easier to hook up when you are solo. When you are on your own you are more likely to go up to locals and enagage them in conversation. Dont go to LA and sit in your hotel room.

Heres some great links from one of my favorite sights-

LA Nightlife-

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North...les-TG-C-1.html

LA Restauraunts-

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North...les-TG-C-1.html

Pinks on La Brea is the hot dog place, go to hollywood and highland to see graumans chinese theatre Los Angeles is expensive you will pay for parking everywhere ya go Miyagis on sunset there is no cover decent sushi but drinksare around $10or more whereever ya go, check out the santa monica pier and 3rd st prominade in santa monica or venice beach on a weekend also some nice beach bars in hermosa beach

308104[/snapback]

Better bring your own punctuation; seems to be a shortage there. :D

sooooooooo you don't really want to go anyplace cool or see any sights, yet you post asking for things to do. interesting.

308094[/snapback]

oops...i meant i'd care more to taste the local eats than to see local sites

thanks for the recs

oh, and any places my western new york ass should avoid so i don't catch a stray bullet?

Jeez, I hoped they at least pointed a gun at you to make it seem more legitimate when you payed up...

:D

308115[/snapback]

You know what killed me about that tab was the fact that each drink was $15.25... I can imagine them overpricing drinks and gouging people at a nice hotel like that for $15.00 a pop, even though it was the most ludicrously expensive single drink I ever bought, but where the hell do they get off taking that extra friggin' quarter?!

You know what killed me about that tab was the fact that each drink was $15.25...  I can imagine them overpricing drinks and gouging people at a nice hotel like that for $15.00 a pop, even though it was the most ludicrously expensive single drink I ever bought, but where the hell do they get off taking that extra friggin' quarter?!

308135[/snapback]

how much did you tip?

how much did you tip?

308140[/snapback]

I didn't want to but i gave him 5.00. I had about ten different tabs during the night. The previous one was 42.00 at a different place for two vodka sodas and two cosmo's with Ketle One. But the hotel and the dinner was free so I didn't really care. It was me, two guys I had never met, and 12 women. :D

oops...i meant i'd care more to taste the local eats than to see local sites

thanks for the recs

oh, and any places my western new york ass should avoid so i don't catch a stray bullet?

308134[/snapback]

If you're going to be in Brentwood/Bel Air and have a car you should probably go down to Santa Monica and the Pier area by the Third Street Promenade. There are a ton of places around there within walking distance and great people watching. And you can even drink reasonably in a couple of them. Brentwood is going to be too many people with coolguyitis and women who never see the ground.

If you're going to be in Brentwood/Bel Air and have a car you should probably go down to Santa Monica and the Pier area by the Third Street Promenade.

308158[/snapback]

Bingo. In fact, there's a cool pool bar there called "Gotham Hall." Not expensive...and a cool place to grab a beer after you're done cruising around the street.

I was just in the lounge of the Casa Del Mar Hotel in Santa Monica on friday night and ordered two shots and my tab was $30.50

That's a good spot.  :D

308070[/snapback]

One reality check like this and I'd give up drinking. I wonder what the most expensive drink is here in WNY? :lol:

One reality check like this and I'd give up drinking.  I wonder what the most expensive drink is here in WNY? :D

308197[/snapback]

I'm not 100% sure, but after reading the thread about the guy who is about to get divorced and who got another girl pregnant after banging her while drunk on Captain Morgan...Im thinking THAT was the most expensive drink in NY.

i'll will be living in the bel-air brentwood area...i'll be busy all day but completely free at night

what are things to do at night? and some bars/restaurants?

recommendations please?

oh...i'm going alone also

308042[/snapback]

Getting shot or knifed, if you listen to most folks here instead of getting local advice. :D

actually, i just found out i'll be spending most of my time in the ucla harbor medical center, wherever that is, so i might hang out around there if there's anything good

also downgrading my car rental from full size to compact so i don't have to deal with horrible gas mileage of driving from brentwood to wherever the harbor medical center is