Any Henry for Shelton supporters still out there?

when travis played 0-4.  previous 2 seasons w/ travis = losing.  i see what he means

I can't. Again 8-8 is NOT a losing season, and furthermore Travis wasn't the reason the Bills went 8-8 in 2002 (hint: defense). And in 2003 the team went 6-10, but without Travis they would have been vying for the 1st pick in the draft.

1st rounder? To my knowledge I never said we'd get Henry for a 1st rounder. If I did it, I was wrong, or I felt that in back to back seasons Travis Henry showed his ability to be equal to that of a first round pick. But if you think Travis is getting traded for a 4th or 5th rounder then there is no reasoning with you.

308061[/snapback]

On the other hand, if you think that Travis Henry is an elite NFL back, there is no reasoning with you.

His agent was given permission to seek a trade weeks ago. Where is the lucrative deal for the Bills?

I agree with VA Bills. I am thinking that Travis will bring us at best, a late 3rd. Or Shelton, (who nobody else wants) and a swap of picks.

I would love to hear your prediction.

On the other hand, if you think that Travis Henry is an elite NFL back, there is no reasoning with you.

His agent was given permission to seek a trade weeks ago. Where is the lucrative deal for the Bills?

I agree with VA Bills. I am thinking that Travis will bring us at best, a late 3rd. Or Shelton, (who nobody else wants) and a swap of picks.

308153[/snapback]

Bill, don't you think a late third is a LOT to pay for the most worthless piece of garbage player and human being in the league?

Bill, don't you think a late third is a LOT to pay for the most worthless piece of garbage player and human being in the league?

308176[/snapback]

Well, I think that a team that gives us a late 3rd will soon regret it. Personally, I dont think that he is worth it. My prediction is and has been there for all to see.

Now, why dont you tell us exactly what you think we will get for your hero, whether or not he is an elite back, and exactly how you predict he will fare in the future?

A month ago there were a rash of posts saying that TD was stupid for not taking Green up on his Shelton for Henry offer (Green originally wanted picks along with Henry which I'm sure did not sit well with TD). I'm just wondering if any of you feel the same way after hearing how the competition for Travis Henry is heating up.

TD was right. Anyone care to acknowledge TD was right and they were wrong? Or you could just wait till after the draft when it's been proven.  :D

308040[/snapback]

Uh? I think the jury is still out - Gandy is currently pencilled in at LT. Now, Gandy is a gamer - but I just don't see him at LT. He's knees have been problematic at least this year if not the past two years.

I think it depends on your perspective, if you believe we'll get a 2nd rounder (or a 3rd at this point) with the RB depth in this years draft *AND* a reliable, starting quality LT to protect JP's blind side(and I include anybody else in our present roster) then I say TD is a genius for anticipating that would happen.

If we trade, Henry for a 2nd or 3rd rounder or better, and JP is lying in training room rehabbing something during the season because his LT whiffed, then I say it was a daft(dumb ass) move/draft...

All I know is LJ Shelton is a quality LT and Henry is a quality RB, if we get to swap picks in the 2nd round and still get Shelton, great. If we get a 2nd rounder from TB or Philly in the upper half of the 2nd round - great - but that still leaves me nervous for JP. I know the kid is mobile, but that's just ridiculous...So, given this concern, I'd take a Shelton/Henry swap - because it fills a need.

N'es pas?

Well, I think that a team that gives us a late 3rd will soon regret it. Personally, I dont think that he is worth it. My prediction is and has been there for all to see.

Now, why dont you tell us exactly what you think we will get for your hero, whether or not he is an elite back, and exactly how you predict he will fare in the future?

308181[/snapback]

Since when did he get so much better in the off season? I tghought your prediction was we wouldn't get a 5th rounder for him.

I already said and actually bet $100 toward Hunters Hope that I thought we would get Shelton and a swap of seconds for him. That was before the Tampa Bay and Philly rumors came up but I am sticking by my prediction. If Travis goes to the Cards I think he gets 1200 yards or more, if he plays 14-16 games. If he goes to Philly, where he will split time with Westbrook, obviously he won't get the carries for that.

Isn't Sproles 180 lbs?  Hardly a between-the-tackles runner. 

None of the other guys are proven NFL runners. Philly's has extra picks this year, so why not exchange one for a back with a couple of 1,000 yard seasons behind him and an affordable contract?

And Henry isn't a replacement for Westbrook, he's an added piece to the offense.  If Westbrook doesn't sign, they'll definitely need another WC back.

308127[/snapback]

Sproules is a tough cookie.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/sproles_darren

308153[/snapback]

You and VA are so full of you-know-what. Show me a post where I said Henry is an elite back. I challenge you to find it.

I've been predicting Travis should and would net the Bills a 2nd round pick.

I know it sucks to be wrong, but isn't that 5th round prediction looking awfully silly now?

You and VA are so full of you-know-what. Show me a post where I said Henry is an elite back. I challenge you to find it.

I know it sucks to be wrong, but isn't that 5th round prediction looking awfully silly now?

308225[/snapback]

>>>>>QUOTE(MadBuffaloDisease @ Apr 18 2005, 01:56 PM)

If he were the featured back and stayed healthy, he'd get 1500 yards easily. However he'd likely be splitting time with Westbrook and/or Buckhalter, and staying healthy is the big question.<<<<<

1,500 yards, EASILY????? Does this count?

You must really think he is great! Yes, he will easily lope along and gain 1,500 yards. How many yards will he get if he goes all out, 2,000? 3,000?

You consistently paint a picture of Travis as a great back. In reality, he sucks. He is a loser..... a stupid, fumbling, bumbling, all but retarded, falling down loser. His w/l record as a starter reflects as much. He was benched in favor of a clearly superior football player. Case closed.

I hope that TD is smart enough to play someone for a sucker and get a good pick for this mess of a player, but I am far from counting on it.

You consistently paint a picture of Travis as a great back. In reality, he sucks. He is a loser..... a stupid, fumbling, bumbling, all but retarded, falling down loser. His w/l record as a starter reflects as much. He was benched in favor of a clearly superior football player. Case closed.

308256[/snapback]

No, that would be Drew... good thing he's gone now. :D

>>>>>QUOTE(MadBuffaloDisease @ Apr 18 2005, 01:56 PM)

If he were the featured back and stayed healthy, he'd get 1500 yards easily.  However he'd likely be splitting time with Westbrook and/or Buckhalter, and staying healthy is the big question.<<<<<

1,500 yards, EASILY????? Does this count?

You must really think he is great! Yes, he will easily lope along and gain 1,500 yards. How many yards will he get if he goes all out, 2,000? 3,000?

I hope that TD is smart enough to play someone for a sucker and get a good pick for this mess of a player, but I am far from counting on it.

308256[/snapback]

Ok, seriously, how is your eye sight? You quoted from MadBuffaloDisease, my name is 1billsfan. I'm not sure that was quite the I-Got-Cha you were looking for.

308225[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=212443

You were arguing with AKC that Travis is an elite back like Martin. :D:lol:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=212443

You were arguing with AKC that Travis is an elite back like Martin.  :lol:  :lol:

308333[/snapback]

This was my quote word for word from that post:

I think the Bills will get a 2nd round pick for Henry. I'm confused why you're arguing that Henry isn't an elite back like the Martin. I know this. The whole point was to reason why a team would want Henry for a 2nd round pick. I'm not sure you fully got this concept. Dillon was traded for a 2nd round pick because he was seen as washed up and a mental case. If he were being traded today it would be for a 1st rounder. Time will tell who's right.

Highlights:

1) I said we'd likely get a 2nd rounder for Henry (you've been claiming I thought we'd be getting a 1st rounder).

2) I said "I know this" after asking the poster why he's aguing with me that Henry isn't an elite runningback like Martin!

3) You guys must be getting really tired or something. :D