Betting strategy implications of COVID and the offseason

Cson76

6 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

how cute. relax, its a toilet paper joke that sounds $hiTtY

Why are you telling me to relax? Do you feel like the situation is getting out of hand? I dont get it.

Moreover, do you often call the behavior of grown men cute?

Edited by BillsFan17

2 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Why are you telling me to relax? Do you feel like the situation is getting out of hand? I dont get it.

Moreover, do you often call the behavior of grown men cute?

are you seeking confrontation over a poorly stated joke? what's the problem cutie?

15 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

What about that seems confrontational? Moreover, again with the cutie comment, to a grown man. 

wby do you insist on prolonging something that isn't? I didn't confront you. you confronted me. grow up, grown man

On 3/27/2020 at 12:03 PM, Cson76 said:

A few thoughts as I think about how to play the upcoming season.

1.  If there is a shortened/limited training camp I am going to hammer under's early in the season.  Defense is always ahead of offense in training camp.

2.  I'll play against any new coaches/coordinators early and often

3.  Going to prioritize older rosters, figure the vets are going to learn faster and possibly know how to come in more prepared physically

4.  probably will lay off all pre season win total bets

Any other thoughts?

First ... yeah, it is kinda down low on my priorities list right now.

Second ... I wonder about (1). Traditionally it was probably true that defenses were ahead of offenses in the first few games. But in the last couple years, isn't scoring highest in the first quarter of the season with the rise of pass-heavy offenses?

25 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

First ... yeah, it is kinda down low on my priorities list right now.

Second ... I wonder about (1). Traditionally it was probably true that defenses were ahead of offenses in the first few games. But in the last couple years, isn't scoring highest in the first quarter of the season with the rise of pass-heavy offenses?

I am not sure of if it is across the board but week one each of past 3 years has had some eye popping offense numbers. I am though curious if it is extremes based on continuity. Maybe the teams with may of same players just are better. I remember in early 90's that oilers were 0-3 I think with bad numbers because of new system but them ran off 10 in a row. Early season does not mean much except for W and L.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure of if it is across the board but week one each of past 3 years has had some eye popping offense numbers. I am though curious if it is extremes based on continuity. Maybe the teams with may of same players just are better. I remember in early 90's that oilers were 0-3 I think with bad numbers because of new system but them ran off 10 in a row. Early season does not mean much except for W and L.

Interesting ... the recent NFL is kind of an "everything I thought I knew is wrong" thing. I'm still having trouble wrapping my brain around the idea that year-to-year offensive performance is more consistent than defensive performance, and that's been shown to be true for some time now.