PS5 news at 9 am today(3/18)

Reed83HOF

Nice! I just posted the new Xbox series X specs yesterday and said I can’t wait to see the full PS5 specs. The new Xbox features look amazing. I heard Sony has some surprises up their sleeve to announce. Definitely Excited to see what they are.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Nice! I just posted the new Xbox series X specs yesterday and said I can’t wait to see the full PS5 specs. The new Xbox features look amazing. I heard Sony has some surprises up their sleeve to announce. Definitely Excited to see what they are.

They will both be similar IMO. Sony has the exclusives

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

They will both be similar IMO. Sony has the exclusives

Yes they sure do.

I always had Nintendo, sega then Xbox 360. I was never all that into gaming, played here and there. But I’ve been playing more over the last few years when I bought the new Xbox one. 

Then I bought that pro account at game stop, started getting that free game magazine they send you and started paying attention to all the exclusive games PlayStation had.

I ended up buying a PS4 when they had that $199 sale a while back. Their exclusive games blow Xbox out of the water. Horizon zero dawn. God of war. Uncharted. Spider-Man. I’m currently playing the yakuza series. The story is amazing. I accidentally played #6 first not realizing it was the series end. But the story hooked me. So I played 0, 1, 2 and am 1/2 way through #3 with 4 & 5 next.

Xbox had an amazing deal going on their Xbox ultimate, where you could convert 3 years of Xbox gold to Xbox ultimate for free (which gives you game pass for PC and console + Xbox gold). It transfers to the new series X, and many of the new games coming out this year will offer a free upgrade to the series S game when it comes out. 

I know ill eventually buy both both of them. Just have to decide which to get first.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Did they mention anything about being able to expand hard drive space?

That was one of the things I liked most about the new Xbox. It comes with a 1 TB solid state drive but They’re also selling 1 TB plug in expanded hard drives that you can easily swap in and out, and that will somehow work just like the internal solid state drive (so, just as fast). 

The external hard drives we use now for Xbox/PlayStation aren’t SSD so I’m not sure if they’ll be compatible, and even if they are I would guess they would greatly reduce load speeds, etc.

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Did they mention anything about being able to expand hard drive space?

That was one of the things I liked most about the new Xbox. It comes with a 1 TB solid state drive but They’re also selling 1 TB plug in expanded hard drives that you can easily swap in and out, and that will somehow work just like the internal solid state drive (so, just as fast). 

The external hard drives we use now for Xbox/PlayStation aren’t SSD so I’m not sure if they’ll be compatible, and even if they are I would guess they would greatly reduce load speeds, etc.

So PS4 EDs will still work fine for PS4 games, they recommend all PS5 games on the SSD, they will have a special one that will work with their hardware available for purchase and it will have an easy to use slot for it on the console.

Looks like they are giving up a few TFLOPs on the GPU to Xbox but will use AMD tech to transfer CPU power to the more in graphically intense games. They seemed to be very focused on how to components work as a system (optimization) vs brute force. Cerny prefers higher clock speeds on the GPU vs Cores. The 3D audio chip sounds really exciting as well. Seems like they stole parts of the PS3 CPU architecture and enhanced the ***** out of it. Cerny gave a phd level presentation.

I would say form the sounds of it xBoxX has the "more powerful" system, but I think the optimization of the PS will be better along with more immersive sound and better load times. By the time games start to max the GPU/CPU the Pro version will come out.

As of now the expectation is the top 100 PS4 games will be certified to play on the PS5 at launch. It's so much faster than a PS4, need to make sure the games can handle it appropriately.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

This new generation of consoles has me excited! 

this is what I was talking about, i made one comment early on on Jason Schreier's twitter and it's now trending

1 hour ago, Hardhatharry said:

They really put thought into this when it comes to designing games and the sound bit is really interesting.

Msoft has better specs on the outside, but I think the SSD, game design and sound is going to be a huge winner - easy to over look this stuff in the name of specs. BY the time games start pushing the power of the consoles the Pro will be released and a more powerful XboX, but it will come down to games and exclusives and Sony looks to still be winning.

HDZ2 is going to be something else IMO

Just remember this was meant to be from the GDC for engineers that was cancelled.

• Like (+1) 2