TD will draft a Playmaker

After signing Bennie Anderson and Mike Gandy, if a trade goes through for Shelton; i'd pretty much guarantee he's going to draft a WR or a TE.

I know, it doesn't make much sense to draft another wideout. But a good portion of his draft moves over the years haven't. With the way our recievers (mainly Moulds) couldn't get open and at times couldn't catch, I think he'll shock us with one. He said it himself, "We're not good enough on offense". J.P. will need another weapon.

I'd be quite disapointed and quite floored if TD stayed put at 55. I think he'll at least go into the bottom 5 picks of the 1st. If that happens, I think it will be Matt Jones or Heath Miller if he happens to fall as TE's sometimes do. I made my claim that i'd like to see a Nate trade go down to get into the top 6 picks for Mike Williams. But the odds of that are VERY slim.

I don't think he'll draft a linemen (I know; Brown visited). I think it's going to be Jones.

I have a feeling mularkey covets matt jones and they'll do what it takes to get him. last year they knew which teams were interested in losman and weren't afraid to leap frog them to get the guy they wanted. That's my guess, anyway.

I'd like to see the Bills take a WR. Moulds has not been as dominant as he should be, there were many times where he was a non factor up until the mid 3rd, early 4th quarter, where we were forced to play come from behind so many times.

Another reciever would open things up for Moulds and Evans, and spread the defense more to help with draw plays with our running QB.

I could easily see Mike Williams or Matt Jones taking the field as a Buffalo Bill this fall. That would be awesome! Trading Clements (and if necessary Henry) away to get an eventual replacement to Moulds--like Mike Williams--would make good sense.

With his second round pick, TD should select Baas if available. It's about time we upgraded at center. The third round pick can go to LT to replace Teague in a year.

If they trade up, and assuming they are not targeting an OL, I think its more likely they'd try to position themselves for TE Alex Smith of Stanford than a WR (though I do fully expect them to pick a WR in the first four rounds). The TE position hasn't been mentioned much among the fans, but the Bills could certainly stand to add a quality recieving threat at the position, not to mention the need for depth with the serious injuries to their top two TEs a year ago. Interestingly enough, if they could acquire the 44th overall pick, they would indeed stand a fairly decent chance of having Smith fall to them at that spot.

If they trade up,  and assuming they are not targeting an OL,  I think its more likely they'd try to position themselves for TE Alex Smith of Stanford than a WR (though I do fully expect them to pick a WR in the first four rounds).  The TE position hasn't been mentioned much among the fans,  but the Bills could certainly stand to add a quality recieving threat at the position,  not to mention the need for depth with the serious injuries to their top two TEs a year ago.  Interestingly enough,  if they could acquire the 44th overall pick,  they would indeed stand a fairly decent chance of having Smith fall to them at that spot.

306638[/snapback]

Yeah, I think you said it there yourself.

I don't see Alex Smith being taken in the 1st. He's most likely available at 44. So if they trade into the 1st, I don't think it would be Alex Smith.

Now if Heath Miller fell, then that's a whole 'nother story!

If they trade up,  and assuming they are not targeting an OL,  I think its more likely they'd try to position themselves for TE Alex Smith of Stanford than a WR (though I do fully expect them to pick a WR in the first four rounds).  The TE position hasn't been mentioned much among the fans,  but the Bills could certainly stand to add a quality recieving threat at the position,  not to mention the need for depth with the serious injuries to their top two TEs a year ago.  Interestingly enough,  if they could acquire the 44th overall pick,  they would indeed stand a fairly decent chance of having Smith fall to them at that spot.

306638[/snapback]

I don't like the idea of going for a TE right now, unless it's a real playmaker like Matt Jones. But I'd like to see what we have in Euhus before investing more picks in that position.

The idea behind taking a WR is to get younger, cheaper, and better at our #1 possession WR spot. Eric Moulds can still play, but his cap number is too big, he's not as fast as he was, he drops too many passes, and quite frankly the team might be better off if he could be replaced with a player like Mike Williams. With a new QB you want new WRs, so they can develop chemistry together over the years.

I don't like the idea of going for a TE right now, unless it's a real playmaker like Matt Jones. But I'd like to see what we have in Euhus before investing more picks in that position.

The idea behind taking a WR is to get younger, cheaper, and better at our #1 possession WR spot. Eric Moulds can still play, but his cap number is too big, he's not as fast as he was, he drops too many passes, and quite frankly the team might be better off if he could be replaced with a player like Mike Williams. With a new QB you want new WRs, so they can develop chemistry together over the years.

306760[/snapback]

when the !@#$ did matt jones become a real playmaker.

all i 've ever seen him do is run around like michael vick; and i know how poplular he is on this site.

MATT JONES IS A BIG WHITE BANANA BOAT. HE RUNS GREAT TRACK TIMES. HE HAS A SHOULDER PROBLEM AND IS TRYING TO PLAY A POSITION THAT HE HASN'T PLAYED IN YEARS. YOU DON'T WASTE A FIRST ROUND PICK (ESP WHEN WE HAVE NEEDS) ON ANOTHER FREAKIN WHITE GUY

NOT GONNA FREAKIN HAPPEN

OR I WILL DROP ALL SUPPORT OF TD

when the !@#$ did matt jones become a real playmaker. 

all i 've ever seen him do is run around like michael vick; and i know how poplular he is on this site.

MATT JONES IS A BIG WHITE BANANA BOAT.  HE RUNS GREAT TRACK TIMES.  HE HAS A SHOULDER PROBLEM AND IS TRYING TO PLAY A POSITION THAT HE HASN'T PLAYED IN YEARS.  YOU DON'T WASTE A FIRST ROUND PICK (ESP WHEN WE HAVE NEEDS) ON ANOTHER FREAKIN WHITE GUY

NOT GONNA FREAKIN HAPPEN

OR I WILL DROP ALL SUPPORT OF TD

306771[/snapback]

I've seen about three quarters of the games Matt Jones played in college. He is indeed a 'real playmaker' and is the best athlete I've ever seen for a guy his size. People mistakenly think he's just a workout warrior, but he's also been an excellent player on the field as well. Through the course of his four years at Arkansas, he made an awful lot of good SEC defenders look stupid. He's not going to be an NFL QB, and yes, it will take some time for him to fully transition to WR, but he's going to be an excellent player. If the Bills find a way to draft him, you won't be complaining long.

As for the TE position and selecting Alex Smith, I still feel its a more realistic scenario than a move up into the late 1st round to select a WR. However, even if the Bills were to move up that high, I feel that they are more likely to select either Heath Miller (if available) or possibly Washington OT Khalif Barnes. I agree completely that there needs to be time for Losman to develop with the new WR, but with the team in its present state, I think they're better off trying to find a value pick at the WR position in the middle of the draft and hopefully hit a homerun that way. For that matter, the Bills could probably draft Vincent Jackson in R3, who may not be quite the athlete Jones is, but is still a pretty good prospect in his own right.

I've seen about three quarters of the games Matt Jones played in college.  He is indeed a 'real playmaker' and is the best athlete I've ever seen for a guy his size.  People mistakenly think he's just a workout warrior,  but he's also been an excellent player on the field as well.  Through the course of his four years at Arkansas,  he made an awful lot of good SEC defenders look stupid.  He's not going to be an NFL QB,  and yes,  it will take some time for him to fully transition to WR,  but he's going to be an excellent player.  If the Bills find a way to draft him,  you won't be complaining long. 

As for the TE position and selecting Alex Smith,  I still feel its a more realistic scenario than a move up into the late 1st round to select a WR.  However,  even if the Bills were to move up that high,  I feel that they are more likely to select either Heath Miller (if available) or possibly Washington OT Khalif Barnes.  I agree completely that there needs to be time for Losman to develop with the new WR,  but with the team in its present state,  I think they're better off trying to find a value pick at the WR position in the middle of the draft and hopefully hit a homerun that way.  For that matter,  the Bills could probably draft Vincent Jackson in R3,  who may not be quite the athlete Jones is,  but is still a pretty good prospect in his own right.

306871[/snapback]

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE CAUGHT 3/4 OF THE ARKANSAS GAMES THE LAST 4 YEARS.

I CAUGHT ABOUT 5 GAMES OF HIS THAT I BET ON. SOMETIME W/ AND SOMETIMES AGAINST. THERES NO DOUBT THT IN AN OPEN FIELD SITUATION HE CAN MAKE A DL OR LB MISS.

I JUST DON'T THINK THERE ANY CHANCE HE MAKES ANY KIND OF IMPACT FOR 3 YEARS. ITS WASTED PICK

AND I WILL NEVER STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HIM

ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE CAUGHT 3/4 OF THE ARKANSAS GAMES THE LAST 4 YEARS.

I CAUGHT ABOUT 5 GAMES OF HIS THAT I BET ON.  SOMETIME W/ AND SOMETIMES AGAINST.  THERES NO DOUBT THT IN AN OPEN FIELD SITUATION HE CAN MAKE A DL OR LB MISS.

I JUST DON'T THINK THERE ANY CHANCE HE MAKES ANY KIND OF IMPACT FOR 3 YEARS.  ITS WASTED PICK

AND I WILL NEVER STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HIM

306899[/snapback]

cap off!