Why my wife is at the SB

oldmanfan

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So while I sit in my living room in Carmel IN, just north of Indy, preparing to watch the game, my wife and sister-in-law are Lyfting to Hard Rock Stadium.  

My sister-in—law is the strength coach of a local high school and was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer in 2015.  After big time surgery and chemo she is still with us, and the oncologists think she’ll be Ok although she’ll be on chemo the rest of her life.  Despite her health issues she continued throughout being dedicated to her athletes, working many overtime hours with them, never missing games.  

On of her former athletes  wrote a letter to the Colts about my sister-in-law’s issues and how inspiring she is to her students.  And the Colts were touched by her story.  They decided to give her an all expense paid trip for two to the game, flights, hotel, tickets, spending money, the whole nine yards.  My older daughter who lives in Orlando picked them up Friday afternoon, they spent all day yesterday at the NFL experience with all their Bills gear in representing, and just got word the wife and sister-in-law have arrived at Hard Rock!

Just had to share with my friends here on the board.  

She is now in my prayers.   Thank you for sharing this!