The 5 worst trades in Bills History?

Drew never showed up for a big game and pulled down the talent level around him for 3 years.

31-0?

Bills/Dolphins Snow Bowl?

Bills/Vikings OT game?

There've been others, but none of those were big games? :D

BF: I'd say that Ty Warren has not been better on the field than Bledsoe was for us. I'll admit that his career is still very young and that could very well change, but at this point in time, I'd rather have had Bledsoe for the last three years than Warren the last two.

CW

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31-0?

Bills/Vikings OT game?

There've been others, but none of those were big games?  :D

BF: I'd say that Ty Warren has not been better on the field than Bledsoe was for us.  I'll admit that his career is still very young and that could very well change, but at this point in time, I'd rather have had Bledsoe for the last three years than Warren the last two.

CW

306300[/snapback]

Agreed, we had no other options and he kept us competitive...How bad would people complain if Jeff Blake was behind center?

31-0?

Bills/Vikings OT game?

There've been others, but none of those were big games?  :D

BF: I'd say that Ty Warren has not been better on the field than Bledsoe was for us.  I'll admit that his career is still very young and that could very well change, but at this point in time, I'd rather have had Bledsoe for the last three years than Warren the last two.

CW

306300[/snapback]

Were those playoff games? Playoff implications? Primetime games? Example one was opening day and Drew sucked ass against the Pats every game after. Example 2 was when we were out of the playoffs. Example 3 was 2 games into the season. How exactly were those big games? Somehow I think Tom Brady has a different idea what a "big game" is

Were those playoff games?  Playoff implications?  Primetime games?  Example one was opening day and Drew sucked ass against the Pats every game after.  Example 2 was when we were out of the playoffs.  Example 3 was 2 games into the season.  How exactly were those big games?  Somehow I think Tom Brady has a different idea what a "big game" is

306312[/snapback]

Well then, Dante Culpepper and Payton Manning sure suck in big games too :D

Fine, I'll use your own definition then - games with Playoff implications:

Bills/Rams week 11

Bills/Seahawks week 12

(note that both of those games were against teams that MADE the playoffs, and were games that we needed to win to stay in the chase)

Bills/Dolphins week 13

Bills/Browns week 14

Bills/Bengals week 15

(note that the Bengals game closed the door on them being able to make the playoffs)

Bills/49ers week 16

All 6 of those games had direct playoff implications -- lose and we would've had no shot.

I'm just using your definition of a "big game."

CW

Well then, Dante Culpepper and Payton Manning sure suck in big games too  :D

Fine, I'll use your own definition then - games with Playoff implications:

Bills/Rams week 11

Bills/Seahawks week 12

(note that both of those games were against teams that MADE the playoffs, and were games that we needed to win to stay in the chase)

Bills/Dolphins week 13

Bills/Browns week 14

Bills/Bengals week 15

(note that the Bengals game closed the door on them being able to make the playoffs)

Bills/49ers week 16

All 6 of those games had direct playoff implications -- lose and we would've had no shot.

I'm just using your definition of a "big game."

CW

306328[/snapback]

Drew was lights out against Miami and carried the team. Other then that he was very average. And the only game that truly mattered-

Pittsburgh L 24-29 Yes 30 16 53.3 189 0 1 58.9 3 18 1 0 0 0 0 2 0

BTW if we beat Pitt we were in the playoffs I beleive

Damn ... I wish our "D" could have held the lead they were given that game.

306333[/snapback]

2 fumbles and an interception by the QB dont exactly help the D. The D also put up more points then Drew. That is if you dont count the handoff Drew had to James Harrison for a TD

2 fumbles and an interception by the QB dont exactly help the D.  The D also put up more points then Drew

306337[/snapback]

You're right, the turnovers didn't help, but, the "D" should have been able to shut down the steeler scrubs.

You're right, the turnovers didn't help, but, the "D" should have been able to shut down the steeler scrubs.

306341[/snapback]

agreed. Just an awful perfomance across the board. Very frustrating game

Drew was lights out against Miami and carried the team.  Other then that he was very average.  And the only game that truly mattered-

Pittsburgh L 24-29 Yes 30 16 53.3 189 0 1 58.9 3 18 1 0 0 0 0 2 0

BTW if we beat Pitt we were in the playoffs I beleive

306330[/snapback]

And since when was average bad?

Ty Warren has been average at best.

How does that make this the worst trade ever...??

CW

What was so horrible about the Bledsoe trade?  He sold a ton of tickets, revived interest in a franchise that was going down the tubes.  He then took us back to the "average" from well below average, setting a ton of records along the way.

The old timers will have FAR WORSE trades than that one.

CW

305298[/snapback]

You you are so right. How about Lamonica -went on to star for the Raiders for a washed up has been Tom Flores.

And since when was average bad?

Ty Warren has been average at best.

How does that make this the worst trade ever...??

CW

306344[/snapback]

What difference does Ty Warren make? That would not of been the Bills selection. Lets check out opportunity cost- we could of selected Troy Polamalu, Eric Steinbech, Anquin Boldin, LJ Smith, Bethel Johnson, Boss Bailey, etc. Surely any of the above would be of more value to our team then Bledsoe

What difference does Ty Warren make?  That would not of been the Bills selection.  Lets check out opportunity cost- we could of selected Troy Polamalu, Eric Steinbech, Anquin Boldin, LJ Smith, Bethel Johnson, Boss Bailey, etc.  Surely any of the above would be of more value to our team then Bledsoe

306354[/snapback]

Way to ignore the part where I ask, "Since when was average bad?"

And guessing who we COULD have taken makes this even MORE revisionist than even you usually partake in. We COULD have taken Emmitt Smith instead of JD Williams back in the day, but we didn't...

CW