The 5 worst trades in Bills History?

Way to ignore the part where I ask, "Since when was average bad?"

And guessing who we COULD have taken makes this even MORE revisionist than even you usually partake in.  We COULD have taken Emmitt Smith instead of JD Williams back in the day, but we didn't...

CW

306363[/snapback]

Im glad you are complacent with mediocrity. I would prefer we had an above average QB and a superior football team, but thats just me. My point was we would not of selected Ty Warren. You keep harping on Ty Warren is average(which I disagree- I mean the guy backs up Richard Seymour-tough to get any playing time behind the best DT in the game). We most likely would of selected Steinbach- not Warren

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What difference does Ty Warren make?  That would not of been the Bills selection.  Lets check out opportunity cost- we could of selected Troy Polamalu, Eric Steinbech, Anquin Boldin, LJ Smith, Bethel Johnson, Boss Bailey, etc.  Surely any of the above would be of more value to our team then Bledsoe

306354[/snapback]

You mentioned a few receivers. Who have thrown them the ball in '03? AVP?

You mentioned a few receivers. Who have thrown them the ball in '03? AVP?

306376[/snapback]

Jake Delhome, Jeff Blake, Jeff Garcia.....there were other options that would of been alot cheaper and at least as productive

What difference does Ty Warren make?  That would not of been the Bills selection.  Lets check out opportunity cost- we could of selected Troy Polamalu, Eric Steinbech, Anquin Boldin, LJ Smith, Bethel Johnson, Boss Bailey, etc.  Surely any of the above would be of more value to our team then Bledsoe

306354[/snapback]

Completely disagree. If the Bills had to chase a QB over the last 3 years, it would have been a complete disaster.

Imagine if they would have moved up to get Joey Harrington instead of Bledsoe in 2002. The Bills would have been nothing more than bottom feeders the past 3 years.

Bledsoe was a great fit for a team in the middle of a massive rebuilding project. The Bills evolved into a team that could beat 75% of the teams in the league under him.

Now that the roster has been restocked, the Bills have the luxury to replace him to take the next step.

This will be remembered as a solid trade.

Im glad you are complacent with mediocrity.  I would prefer we had an above average QB and a superior football team, but thats just me.  My point was we would not of selected Ty Warren.  You keep harping on Ty Warren is average(which I disagree- I mean the guy backs up Richard Seymour-tough to get any playing time behind the best DT in the game).  We most likely would of selected Steinbach- not Warren

306371[/snapback]

The thread is about the worst trade in Bills history. Trading for an average QB does NOT make the DB trade the worst in Bills history, not even in the top 5.

I bring up Ty Warren because BF said the Patriots ripped us off by drafting Seymore (which I corrected to Warren).

CW

Jake Delhome, Jeff Blake, Jeff Garcia.....there were other options that would of been alot cheaper and at least as productive

306379[/snapback]

We would not have been able to get Delhomme, and I must say that Blake and Garcia both suck worse than Fiedler

EDIT: not intended to be a gay joke on garcia

306379[/snapback]

Blake sucks. The Bills would have been looking to replace him 5 games into 2002, especially since the defense was a sieve. There's no way he would have matched Bledsoe's numbers. The Bills would ended up wasting more draft picks and/or FA money to replace him.

Garcia was not available in 2002. In 2004 he was available and bottomed out for the Browns.

Delhome might have been a good fit in 2002, but would he have thrown for 4,000 yards and 24 TDs with Buffalo that year? Because thats what the team needed in 2002 to post 8 wins.

The thread is about the worst trade in Bills history.  Trading for an average QB does NOT make the DB trade the worst in Bills history, not even in the top 5.

I bring up Ty Warren because BF said the Patriots ripped us off by drafting Seymore (which I corrected to Warren).

CW

306382[/snapback]

I suspect a lot of things would have turned out different if not for GW/KG. I didn't know much about GW at the time, but KG took the fine Bobby Ross San Diego clubs and wreaked havoc with them. I still shake my head at naming him OC...