Daboll Brutal Down the Stretch

Btw that trick play with a throw from Brown to Allen for a TD is nothing new as Jim Kelly probably told him about it. The Bills ran that same play to the same side in the late 80's with RB Rob Riddick throwing to Kelly. It didn't go for a TD but it did go for a big gain. 

Trick plays are all well and good, fun to watch but they don't usually win games. What does win games is a formula to build a dominant running attack like the one that the Titans used against the Patriots in New England, knocking them out of the playoffs. A formula to build a passing game like the Patriots have to move the chains down the field to reach the red zone and score.

What Brian Daboll builds is too complex and just not good enough to sustain drives. The offensive line has far to many penalties which is a lack of discipline. Players missing blocks or blocking the wrong guy. I like Frank Gore but he was more or less useless in that playoff game besides one run for 14 yards. Gore went 8 carries for 22 yards and take away that one run and it was 7 carries for one yard! Singletary with only 13 carries for 58 yards a 4.8 ypc avg was criminal.

Why wait until the last regular season game and a playoff game to get Duke Williams involved?

48 Throws for Josh,

Singletary 7 targets, 6 rec for 76 yards

John Brown, 8 targets, 4 rec for 50 yards

Duke Williams, 10 targets, 4 rec for 49 yards

Cole Beasley, 5 targets, 4 rec for 44 yards

Isaiah McKenzie, 5 targets, 4 rec for 23 yards

Brutal down the stretch is about right. If the Bills worked the run game against the Ravens, Patriots like they did against the Steelers, Cowboys they would have beaten them along with the NY Jets to take the division.

I'm hoping that some team steps up and hires Daboll away as HC. If not, this jackass of an OC will probably ruin him. 

I really want Daboll to succeed , he is a local guy and is giving it his all. He needs better players to execute plays and for Allen to progress. The dropped passes are not his fault . I would not replace him but would be tempted by Pat Shurmur though.