I will bet anyone $100 we trade TH for LS+

No insider information. Just looking into what everyone has said publicly. Here is today's Arizona Republic:

The proposed trade of Cardinals offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for running back Travis Henry remains dormant, and the status isn’t likely to change until the first day of the NFL draft April 23.

“It has a heartbeat,” Cardinals coach Dennis Green said of the trade.

Buffalo also would like to swap places in the second round, taking the Cardinals’ pick, the 44th overall, with the Cardinals sliding to the 55th selection. advertisement 

The Cardinals, however, are balking at that – at least for now. With the eighth overall pick, the Cardinals should have a chance to take one of the top three running backs in the draft: Cedric Benson of Texas and Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams of Auburn.

If they take one of them, the trade will be off.

“If the draft goes a certain way, and we take a player and that player happens to be a running back, that phone will never ring,” Green said. “If the draft goes on and we don’t take a running back, they (the Bills) will probably still be trying to move up. They are probably trying to move up with other people also.”

Holding off until draft day gives the Cardinals some additional leverage. It’s possible that other teams might want to trade up to take one of those three running backs. The Cardinals don’t want to eliminate the possibility of trading down by making the deal for Henry now.

Green didn’t rule out the possibility of swapping picks second-round picks with Buffalo, saying it depended how the draft developed and what players the Cardinals would be available with the 55th pick.

“We keep our options open,” he said.

The Cards want to make sure they have one of the targeted CBs available. They will take him and then make the trade with the Bills, probably for Shelton plus the swap of the seconds, or perhaps Shelton plus one of the two Cards third round picks.

It fits into everything TD has said. It fits into virtually every rumor. It fits into everything Green has said. It makes sense for both teams. It's not like the Bills don't like Shelton or Henry. It makes sense for Green as he is basically fillling a huge hole for moving down 11 spots in a draft where virtually everyone says there are a ton of very solid players from 20-80, and he is going to cut Shelton anyway. Not because he stinks but because he is not going to pay a guy 3 mil to be a back-up when he has already publicly abused him. It gives the Bills what Henry is likely worth, a starting OL plus a move up or another player.

First come first serve. Anyone who thinks we are not going to end up draft day without TH and without LJ Shelton-plus-something raise your hand and open up your wallet.

I don't know if this is a sure thing but I am willing to wager on it.

Reading the latest comments you posted it sounds to me like there's a deal in place already but it's conditional. The condition most likely being if one of the top 3 RBs is available at pick eight the Cards will select them instead of trading for Henry, which seems to been the thought all along.

Reading the latest comments you posted it sounds to me like there's a deal in place already but it's conditional. The condition most likely being if one of the top 3 RBs is available at pick eight the Cards will select them instead of trading for Henry, which seems to been the thought all along.

304752[/snapback]

Looking at the Cards roster it just wouldnt make sense. Henry plus one of the top cornerbacks plus whoever they take in the second looks MUCH better than one of the top RBs plus whoever they take in the second.

Looking at the Cards roster it just wouldnt make sense. Henry plus one of the top cornerbacks plus whoever they take in the second looks MUCH better than one of the top RBs plus whoever they take in the second.

304754[/snapback]

The thing of it is this draft class is very deep at CB (as mentioned before) and there's a possibility a quality CB could slip to Arizona's pick in the 2nd (or ours for that matter). Of course there's even been speculation the Cards could be eyeing QB Alex Smith with their top pick as well.

The thing of it is this draft class is very deep at CB (as mentioned before) and there's a possibility a quality CB could slip to Arizona's pick in the 2nd (or ours for that matter). Of course there's even been speculation the Cards could be eyeing QB Alex Smith with their top pick as well.

304756[/snapback]

True, but they have plenty of holes. All draft picks are risks, in the first, or second or third. If they make the Henry trade they get three players for two, with the same, or even less risk, because Henry has proven he can produce.

True, but they have plenty of holes. All draft picks are risks, in the first, or second or third. If they make the Henry trade they get three players for two, with the same, or even less risk, because Henry has proven he can produce.

304758[/snapback]

I know, that's why all along I've been satisfied of a Henry for Shelton straight up trade because it would given us the proven LT we lack on the current roster.

Totally agree and the only question at this point is if Ronnie Brown falls to the Cards which he won't and will it be the swap of 2nds or an outright 3rd. Remember, the Cards already own an extra 3rd because of the Starks trade.

I think it will be their 3rd and LJ Shelton for Travis Henry.

Late

I would gladly take the 3rd + Shelton rather than the 2nd round swap + Shelton. This way we get an extra early pick. I too think that this is going to be done on draft day. I think that not taking the straight trade is a bit of a gamble, but AZ could also walk away with nothing if they have to just cut Shelton. I think AZ will cave and take the trade and use their #1 on something other than an RB.

AZ could also trade down for an extra pick that could make the TH+ trade more palatable to them.

Ok I will take that bet for $100.I am stating that TH will not be traded for Sheldon.Agree?? The one condition I have is that the winner writes a check made out to Hunters Hope and that is sent to member 89.Deal??

304883[/snapback]

1. Travis will definitely not be traded for Sheldon. "A Sheldon can do your income taxes. If you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man, but humping and pumping are not Sheldon's strong suits. It's the name. Do it to me, 'Sheldon'. You're an animal, 'Sheldon'. Ride me big, 'Sheldon'. - Doesn't work."

Shelton perhaps though.

2. I will take the bet but I would suggest the loser write the check, wouldn't you? Otherwise, why would we make the bet, why don't we just send $100 each to Hunter's Hope because that is the way it would turn out.

2. I will take the bet but I would suggest the loser write the check, wouldn't you? Otherwise, why would we make the bet, why don't we just send $100 each to Hunter's Hope because that is the way it would turn out.

304892[/snapback]

Also, shouldn't the loser write a check to the winner, who in turn writes the check to Hunter's Hope? The winner should at least get a tax writeoff out of it, no?

CW

I would gladly take the 3rd + Shelton rather than the 2nd round swap + Shelton.  This way we get an extra early pick.  I too think that this is going to be done on draft day.  I think that not taking the straight trade is a bit of a gamble, but AZ could also walk away with nothing if they have to just cut Shelton.  I think AZ will cave and take the trade and use their #1 on something other than an RB.

AZ could also trade down for an extra pick that could make the TH+ trade more palatable to them.

304784[/snapback]

it really depends on who is there at 44. if it's someone the bills judge to be a first rounder in ability - a difference maker - i'd take that over the third rounder.

it really depends on who is there at 44. if it's someone the bills judge to be a first rounder in ability - a difference maker - i'd take that over the third rounder.

304907[/snapback]

Which makes it interesting, to me, if this is the scenario. Someone here smartly mentioned last week that the trade doesn't have to happen until the pick at #44, rather than in the first round when the Cards pick. It could easily have stipulations like the one you mentioned. The Bills (and Cards for that matter) may want to see who is there at 44 before pulling the trigger on the trade. Who knows who has the upper hand right now.

Ok I will take that bet for $100.I am stating that TH will not be traded for Sheldon.Agree?? The one condition I have is that the winner writes a check made out to Hunters Hope and that is sent to member 89.Deal??

304883[/snapback]

Sorry about that...The loser writes the check( running out of coffee). I have already

sent a check made out to HH for $140 to member #89 so the winner of the bet sends a check made out to HH (tax write off) to #89. Agree?

Sorry about that...The loser writes the check( running out of coffee). I have already

sent a check made out to HH for $140 to member #89 so  the winner of the bet sends a check made out to HH (tax write off) to #89. Agree?

304916[/snapback]

You said the winner of the bet sends the check again.....

Are you a lawyer, trying to trick him up on a technicality? :(

CW

You said the winner of the bet sends the check again.....

Are you a lawyer, trying to trick him up on a technicality?  :(

CW

304924[/snapback]

Has anyone ever met arcadiabob? Did he just escape from the cracker factory? :doh: Are we going to have to make a movie called, 'What About Arcadiabob?"

sent a check made out to HH for $140 to member #89 so  the winner of the bet sends a check made out to HH (tax write off) to #89. Agree?

304916[/snapback]

LOL No but let's just say I hade a rough night , a little too much fun.....

304916[/snapback]

You are a good man. :(