Guess who's caught lying about his military record

LasBillz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When in Rome, do like the Romans... I guess?

;)  :doh:

21932[/snapback]

Kind of reminds me of the pro-hazing arguments when I was in the military. I would always ask those who used the "well, it was done to me when I was coming up" argument the following: "DID YOU LIKE IT?"

Inevitably, they would admit they didn't. Hazing stopped in my shops. We treated everyone alike. Just like stevestojan.

This little "Bush skipped service" campaign is going to backfire on Kerry.

We are all Football fans right?  Well this is like a Football game when someone lays a cheapshot on someone.  (example:  Swiftboat Vets on Kerry).  Then the guy that gets laid out....retaliates.  (example:  Kerry's supporters re-digging up the Bush Guard service record). 

The guy that retaliates always gets hit with the penalty.  Undecideds' will say enough is enough and are just going to hold it against him. 

If he was smart...and I know that is a hypothetical....he would renounce the ad (or the 60 minutes interview or whatever it is) immediately and then turn around and say,..."Ok...can we talk about the issues??"

21912[/snapback]

Not so fast, Nostradamus. The Whitehouse refused to condemn the Swifties, who were also proven to be liars (guess birds of a feather do indeed flock together). Why should Kerry immediately come out and refute the Texans for Truth? Let it sit, ferment a while. Make people ask questions. Then, if the Texans for Truth are proven wrong, condemn the ads. Kerry would still be the better man, since Bush never condemned the Swifties lies.

It's too early to condemn the Texans for Truth- what they are saying could well be True.

Time will tell, friends.

Hmmmm...Bush has, a long time ago, authorized the release of ALL of his service records. Any opinions about that?

21972[/snapback]

Except the ones that are "incomplete" or "missing". Case in point, more records released today from the Pentagon that show Dubya lied about showing up for service.

How long will people put up with this? What happens now that the Emperor truly has no clothes?

Except the ones that are "incomplete" or "missing".  Case in point, more records released today from the Pentagon that show Dubya lied about showing up for service. 

How long will people put up with this?  What happens now that the Emperor truly has no clothes?

22000[/snapback]

The people vote for him of course!

;)

Hey- don't give up- the Republicans have shot all their guns already- the Democrats are bleeding a little, but smiling and reloading...

22012[/snapback]

Good to see you admit it's party politics on your part. Let's not vote for the best candidate, let's vote for my party candidate regardless of who it is. You would have done well in China. I am sure Chairman Mao and you would have been best friends.

Except the ones that are "incomplete" or "missing".  Case in point, more records released today from the Pentagon that show Dubya lied about showing up for service. 

How long will people put up with this?  What happens now that the Emperor truly has no clothes?

22000[/snapback]

Well, if you choose to quote my post, how about quoting ALL of it?

It was:

"Hmmm....Bush has released ALL of his service records. Kerry has NOT. Any opinions about that?".

You say Bush has no clothes, but Kerry refuses to allow anyone to see if he has any wardrobe at all.

Don't you think Kerry should release ALL his records, or not? 'Tis a simple question, right?

Good to see you admit it's party politics on your part.  Let's not vote for the best candidate, let's vote for my party candidate regardless of who it is.  You would have done well in China.  I am sure Chairman Mao and you would have been best friends.

22022[/snapback]

That's ridiculous. Like you are any different? The fundamental beliefs are there.

Do you want CHANGE?

Do want to stay the same?

Those are the issues.

And don't say that they aren't. The war in Iraq is Bush's baby ALONE. This is one on the EASIEST times in American history to do an about face on Policy.

Take a leap all you chicken littles... What is there to lose?

Adversity brings the best out of people.

That's ridiculous.  Like you are any different?  The fundamental beliefs are there.

Do you want CHANGE?

Do want to stay the same?

Those are the issues.

And don't say that they aren't.  The war in Iraq is Bush's baby ALONE.  This is one on the EASIEST times in American history to do an about face on Policy.

Take a leap all you chicken littles...  What is there to lose?

Adversity brings the best out of people.

22031[/snapback]

Bush's baby? Harken back to 1998, Ex...

http://www.iraqwatch.org/government/US/Legislation/ILA.htm

Well, if you choose to quote my post, how about quoting ALL of it?

It was:

"Hmmm....Bush has released ALL of his service records. Kerry has NOT. Any opinions about that?".

You say Bush has no clothes, but Kerry refuses to allow anyone to see if he has any wardrobe at all.

Don't you think Kerry should release ALL his records, or not? 'Tis a simple question, right?

22030[/snapback]

Since the first part of your post is pure balderdash, why should anyone grace the second part with an answer, since it's more of the same?

What happened to being innocent until proven guilty?  The burden of proof falls to these Bush haters.

Talk about Nazis?!?!?!  The liberal left Bush Bashers take the Blue Ribbon everytime!

21883[/snapback]

Once one side has come up with credible proof, the burden shifts to the other side to disprove it. Bush is not in criminal court or even a civil court. There is neither a presumption of guilt nor of innocence. If official documents show his absence from service, all he has to do is explain that absence. My understanding is that the document show he was gone for around 7 months or so. He claims to have requested and been granted leave to help out a campaign of a crony of his father but that request covered only 3 months of his absence.

It is a ridiculous issue after all is said and done. However, given the whole swifty situation I see no reason for the left to take the high road here. The voters reward these efforts which is really the sad part of the whole story. Until this stuff stops working, it is going to keep going on.