Channel 4 (WIVB) replaying 1991 Raider WC Game.

Bob Lamb

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

My favorite random part of watching that last night was one of our coaches puffing on a big old stogie on the sidelines :lol:.  Could you imagine seeing that today?  I wouldn't have been surprised at all seeing that if you showed me a game from the 60s or maybe even the 70s but this definitely caught me off guard.  Seeing as I grew up during the Super Bowl years I guess it doesn't truly register with me how long ago that was and how different times were even back then.  Loved all of the crowd shots too, those fans were absolutely nuts back then. 

Back then, there was a difference between standing and going crazy because of excitement of the moment/the hugeness of the game...................Now, we're standing all game - for a week 2 game vs. the Bengals, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was there.  I was living out of town, as was my brother.  My mother drove to Main Place, downtown, to buy tickets from some guy advertising in the Buffalo News.  We got front row tickets, right behind the Raider's bench.  We asked one of the Raiders "Where's Bo?".  He made a move with his arm, acting as if he was playing tennis.  Then he smiled and turned away without saying anything.  

20 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They said the weather was warm that day.

The Raiders divisional playoff game in 1993 was wicked cold.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199401150buf.htm

0 degrees, relative humidity 71%, wind 12 mph, wind chill -14

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ