Long Snapper in the Crapper?

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

THERE KILLING ME WHITEY 

What many Bills fans don't know is that when Lou Saban said those words he was coaching the Denver Broncos.  Whitey Dovell was an assistant coach on the Broncos staff & was never with the Bills.

“They’re killing me, Whitey; they’re killing me!”

“Whitey” was assistant coach Whitey Dovell, a football lifer that Saban had brought with him from Maryland. A decade later, after leaving the Broncos, he would return to the team’s staff. Two decades later, he would be one of the central figures in the revival of the arch-rival Kansas City Chiefs as their director of player personnel, for whom he was still working when he died of cancer, aged 65, in 1992. But despite Dovell’s lengthy resume, he went into history as the answer to a football trivia question: “Just who was ‘Whitey’?”

Whitey was a man who, like the rest of the coaching staff, couldn’t control a force of nature like Saban.

“He just fired guys during the game,” recalled Floyd Little. “He fired the kickoff team at halftime in Houston when we played at old Rice Stadium. He challenged all of our players when we played an exhibition game in Utah. He was a wild man because he was a player for Cleveland and he was very competitive and he wanted to win.”

http://history.denverbroncos.com/1969/11/theyre-killing-me-whitey/

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

After watching Buffalo lose a huge game to the damn Patriots, there is a fair amount of criticism to go a round.  We have been exposed, most players we thought were good actually stink, and former HCOY candidate McDermott shouldn’t be allowed to coach a Pop Warner team.

Those things mentioned, how does our long snapper Reid Ferguson get let off the hook so easy?  There were several times when Corey B had to move his hands a foot in either direction to receive the football on Reid’s horrible long snaps.  These errant snaps clearly impacted the time with which Corey had to get the punt off.  The velocity of his snaps also leave something to be desired.

It’s time to hold Ferguson accountable!  Is it time to move on?  Do we just go for it on every 4th down?  As long as we’re lamb basting the entire team, what about Reid?

I've been scouting long-snappers for decades by watching and breaking down game film on Youtube, and there's no one better. You're just not a real fan if you dare criticize whatever-his-name-is! You evil so-and-so-Patriots-troll-guy, you!

• Haha (+1) 1