Will Allen run more in the Playoffs?

SCBills

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’m fully behind us limiting his non-red zone runs in the regular season, but given our mediocre offense around him, do we think there may be more designed runs/read option in the running game, as opposed to straight shotgun handoff runs? 

If teams have to spy, and respect the deep ball, that’s a lot of field to be worried about for a defense. 

No reason to have allen handcuffed at this point...if he is the guy we drafted him to be its time to utilize allen to his strengths..daboll is baby sitting allen and he isnt being unleashed until late in games...this whole damn team is conservative by nature and it is 10000% whom mcdermott,frazier and our whole coaching philosophy is made of...they refuse to take chances until its too late or not at all

1 hour ago, ProcessTruster said:

I don't think he's much of a runner.  Not terribly elusive, just a straight ahead runner.   NFL safeties and LBs will eventually  kill him and turn him over until they do.   Good change of pace guy like the guy in Philly, not much more.  

Where have you been the last two years..allen is hella shifty and fast also...he doesnt just run right into contact but will also lower his pads and pick up the extra yards if needed...kid has wheels and the only other qb who is better scrambling is lamar

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

He should. And I don’t mean that awful QB sweep that Daboll can’t get out of his head. They need to spread things out and have Allen take off if the throw isn’t there. A few options as well. This team isn’t good enough running the ball to not use Allen’s mobility and use it a lot. It’s win or go home, so they need to coach with that mindset. 

Well said!