"The Process" - from Playoff Caliber to Championship Caliber & Delusional Bills fans

Motorin'

4 hours ago, Easterner said:

"Because the Bills aren't championship caliber yet".

This is a now league my friend. Just because you make the playoffs this

year doesn't mean much due to free agency and who knows how the

draft pans out. The Rams  went from the SB loss last year to missing

the playoffs when many of there fans thought they would win the SB.

Many teams have 1/3 in change of personnel. 

We know what McD is, we know what Allen is, what we don't know is

what the front office will do this spring and summer.

We know what Allen is?

I dont agree with this.....just like this year's Allen is not last year's Allen (he has improved) I fully expect NEXT year's Allen to be better then THIS year's Allen.

And yes it is win now league....but how many team go through a major rebiuld and win that very next year like this?  You can name them on one hand. 

What I find exciting about this team is you can see the needed pieces....and can address them hard in the offseason.  Meanwhile?  We have a competative team.

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It's clear to me that the process McD preaches has several stages. He has achieved a major step, establishing a culture and roster that is playoff caliber. In 2 of his first 3 years the Bills are in the playoffs. 

After last year's 6-10 season, it would be extremely unrealistic for fans to expect or demand a "championship caliber team" this year.  And yet, playing the top 2 teams in the AFC late in the season (Ravens and Pats) the Bills were within one score and had the ball in scoring position late in both games. 

There are clear improvements the team needs to make to move from playoff caliber to championship caliber, and the fact that those needs are clear is an amazing accomplishment! I am so encouraged that the next 3-5 years of Bills football is going to put the team in position to compete for the Super Bowl.

At the same time, the number of delusional fans that expect the team to be championship caliber this year, and call for the firing of McD, or Daboll or Allen, well. In my opinion, you all deserve another 20 years of musical chairs at head coach and qb,  and another 2 decade playoff drought... Maybe you can buy a billboard that calls for Josh Allen to be cut if it makes you feel like you have power?

As for me, I'm looking forward to talking about ways to improve, to talk about what the Bills can do to make that transition from playoff caliber to championship caliber. But I don't have the need to have a public crucifixion after a Bills loss, to call for blood to satisfy my inability to accept disappointment... 

I'm looking forward to the playoffs, and I'm excited to see what adjustments the coaching staff makes to get better themselves. But I'm not expecting a championship this year, and that's ok. Because the Bills aren't championship caliber yet. And that's ok. 

Incredibly well stated.. changed coaches and gm, eliminated “star” players with exorbitant salaries, replugged holes with youth and some lower end free agents ... have 90 million for next year to take to the next level ... It should be a great ride

• Like (+1) 1