The official Nate Clements-pay the man thread

I am making this thread simply as a means to express my frustration over losing player I find entertaining. Personally, I like winifield, i liked williams I really like clements. Am I alone? BTW, no posts talking about suitable replacements, this thread is for people sharing in my own frustration.

Right on! PAY HIM, TD! :(

304887[/snapback]

I am all for Nate Clements being a Buffalo Bills for his entire career (or at least past this year). Unfortunately, it's not going to happen.

Even if TD comes in to "Pay the man", it won't matter. TD may come up with a HUGE deal for Nate. But another team will overpay for him. Look at what happened with Antoine Winfield and Jonas Jennings.

TD likes to resign players before the year before they hit the market. That's what he did with Aaron Schobel and that's what he TRIED to do with Jonas and Pat. When they don't bite, TD let's them hit the market and go.

I believe Nate to be the type of player (and rightfully so) that will want to test the market. If that happens, he's gone. I think we should trade him while we have the chance to get something in return.

And so-so CB's get exposed by teams that protect the passer well. Teams like Indy and New England.

304886[/snapback]

They're the exception, NOT the rule.

Besides, New England is the real anomaly of the two, because they have actual BALANCE on their team. Indy can throw the ball, to be sure, but also can't stop anyone, so what does it matter?

Personally, I hope Clements is re-signed, but not at the expense of the team. We had enough of players' big salaries hijacking the development of the team during the Butler era.

TD likes to resign players before the year before they hit the market. That's what he did with Aaron Schobel and that's what he TRIED to do with Jonas and Pat. When they don't bite, TD let's them hit the market and go.

304909[/snapback]

Maybe if TD hadn't insulted them with lowball offers they'd have come back... :(