Duck hunted !

Teddy KGB

9 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

That poor guy.. I honestly felt bad despite the game being so close. We complain about Allen not getting time and not having weapons, duck was in trouble every play with free rushers. 

You felt sorry for the poor guy?  The poor guy has been getting washed by commentators for throwing up 50/50 balls that an excellent group of WR come down with.  He's getting talked up while our guy gets trashed, for beating the Browns (minus their best defender) and the Cardinals (on the strength of a punt return TD)

He's playing behind one of the very best OL in football, and they were stripping our guys, hands in the face, hooking necks, you name it.

The Bills finally came Due for the guy.

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Funny thing is Im sure Duck didnt intend it as trash talk and was attempting to engage in QB speak, basically saying the approach would be no different BUT its our guys job to find that extra motivation every chance you get, even if it calls for taking something out of context.

TBN had an article on this (may be paywall): 

Hodges, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ rookie quarterback, told reporters earlier in the week in Pittsburgh that Buffalo’s defense was solid, but not extraordinary.

"Just a solid group. They’ve got really good players just all around, I don’t know if there’s anything they do that’s special, they’re just one of those solid, solid defenses that comes each and every week,” Hodges said.

Yeah, we got the #2 D in the league on points, #3 on yards.  We're at the top in almost every category but turnovers and sacks (we are top-10 in pressures).  And we did, by the way, just hold the Ravens 'unstoppable' D to its lowest yardage of the season. 

I can see why the D took exception to that "just one of those solid defenses that comes each and every week" from a guy with 3 starts.  They want credit for being top of the league, and they deserve it.

Lenzi says " It seemed benign, and almost complimentary, but the Bills’ defensive end still took some exception to Hodges’ words about his team’s defensive prowess."

Yeah, No.  When you got one of the top Ds in the league and it just did a masterful job on the league's MVP candidate, "I don't know if there's anything they do that's special" "just one of those solid Ds that comes each week" is at best, Clueless.

Which, frankly, is exactly how Duck struck me in his post-game presser.  "It wasn't that we weren't trying to make plays, the ball just didn't bounce our way"

Um, NO Junior, you threw the ball in harm's way, which is how you've been making a living.  Live by it, die by it.  "Um, they're a great team, what are they, 9 and 5 now?" "Like I said they're a solid defense".  Go take a look and you be the judge.

I mean, you don't want to get caught up in "noise" but you should at least know the W-L record of the team you're playing.  Compare and contrast with Tomlin's presser, which gave us props.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

TBN had an article on this (may be paywall): 

Hodges, the Pittsburgh Steelers’ rookie quarterback, told reporters earlier in the week in Pittsburgh that Buffalo’s defense was solid, but not extraordinary.

"Just a solid group. They’ve got really good players just all around, I don’t know if there’s anything they do that’s special, they’re just one of those solid, solid defenses that comes each and every week,” Hodges said.

Yeah, we got the #2 D in the league on points, #3 on yards.  We're at the top in almost every category but turnovers and sacks (we are top-10 in pressures).  And we did, by the way, just hold the Ravens 'unstoppable' D to its lowest yardage of the season. 

I can see why the D took exception to that "just one of those solid defenses that comes each and every week" from a guy with 3 starts.  They want credit for being top of the league, and they deserve it.

Wow, ok. I guess I shouldnt have spoken without seeing the actual quote. I didnt think a 3 game starting 3rd stringer would actually come out his mouth with that. Hope he learned a lesson. I mean, Brady never even says stuff like that....wow.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah? What's the ***** point of this post, huh?

Point being he is a 4th STING QB! If the Bills D can’t make him look bad then they would have to suck! Aka like Cleveland and Arizona.. 

the other point is on 5 takeaways the offense scored a whole 3 points!  That’s suck bad ! Especially when one was inside their 20! 

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Point being he is a 4th STING QB! If the Bills D can’t make him look bad then they would have to suck! Aka like Cleveland and Arizona.. 

the other point is on 5 takeaways the offense scored a whole 3 points!  That’s suck bad ! Especially when one was inside their 20! 

Did the team win?

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Did the team win?

Let the Troll snooze under his bridge in peace, Joe .

He'll probably change his name and be back, and better if you leave him alone for a nice nap.

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Wow, ok. I guess I shouldnt have spoken without seeing the actual quote. I didnt think a 3 game starting 3rd stringer would actually come out his mouth with that. Hope he learned a lesson. I mean, Brady never even says stuff like that....wow.

Exactly. The thing is, I don't think he really meant it as trash, from his presser (go take a look) I have the impression he's just pretty clueless.  In his presser he said "what are they now, 9 and 5?"  I mean, not getting caught up in "noise" is one thing, not knowing the W-L record of your opponent is something else and giving them the record they would have had if they'd lost after they won is something else.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think we should compile a list of every poster that agreed with PFF about Duck Dodgers so we can mock them without mercy.

I'd settle for just mocking Joe Buscaglia without mercy, unless of course he publically owns up to the crow he's due