To all the Nervous Nellys out there

Take this...

"We're not interested in that. We've told them that," Donahoe said. "When we receive from somebody what we feel as a staff is a fair trade, we'll make the trade, and if not, we're not going to trade him just to trade him. ... A lot of things could change in the next couple weeks."

-Rochester D&C

I still can't believe how many Bills fans here had downgraded Travis Henry to the point of wanting that grand larceny trade to go down. :doh:

Arizona can shove it.

Take this...

"We're not interested in that. We've told them that," Donahoe said. "When we receive from somebody what we feel as a staff is a fair trade, we'll make the trade, and if not, we're not going to trade him just to trade him. ... A lot of things could change in the next couple weeks."

-Rochester D&C

I still can't believe how many Bills fans here had downgraded Travis Henry to the point of wanting that grand larceny trade to go down.  :doh:

Arizona can shove it.

303480[/snapback]

Amen, brother!! Let's let TD work some "magic" as he sees fit. He's got something up his sleeve. We're so focused on the Henry/Shelton possibility. I think TH gets traded. I just have a gut feeling that AZ is not his destination.

Take this...

-Rochester D&C

I still can't believe how many Bills fans here had downgraded Travis Henry to the point of wanting that grand larceny trade to go down.  :doh:

Arizona can shove it.

303480[/snapback]

Kudos to TD and staff for not trading for a player that they do not think is very good. This however does not mean that Henry is a sought after commodity.

i think it's hilarious the way shelton's stock has risen and fallen on this board over the past 3 months.........he has gone from "decent player" to "potential all-pro" to "bench player" by the masses -- and it's all based on TD's smoke filled comments......

Kudos to TD and staff for not trading for a player that they do not think is very good. This however does not mean that Henry is a sought after commodity.

303538[/snapback]

Yeah, but all you need is one partner to make a deal and the Bills appear to have at least 3 candidates who are in the Henry market:

1. AZ needs an RB after Smith retired, but even thouh there is a deeper than usual pool of draftable RBs, they also have a critical need at CB and the draft pool will not allow them to get both one of the top 3 RBs and a top CB with the their first and second round picks.

2. TB has Pittman as their RBH option and he is simply not of starter quality and they have other needs like QB and they are salary cap stressed but draft pick rich making a 2005 former Pro Bowler like Henry attractive.

3. Miami has hired a new offensive minded HC who after the Wickey Williams debacle, Fiedler debacle, and Boston debacle has needs all over the place, no second round draft pick and acquiring a former pro Bowl RB (even one you feel sucks) would do a lot to create a new feel for marketing their product.

There are apparently 1 or 2 other teams that expressed interest in Henry through his agent doing TDs work for him.

Even if one (likely) or two (unlikely) of these teams expressed interest in Henry merely to create disinformation, this still leaves a trade partner(s) for the Bills. Do you disagree that there is at least some sense Henry is a sought after commodity and you can present some indication or evidence (besides theory) that they are all fooling the Bills (and their customers and team in AZ's case).

i think it's hilarious the way shelton's stock has risen and fallen on this board over the past 3 months.........he has gone from "decent player" to "potential all-pro" to "bench player" by the masses -- and it's all based on TD's smoke filled comments......

303572[/snapback]

That's because people heard 1st round OT draft pick and assumed he'd had a decent career. :doh:

If we want a player like Shelton we can just wait for Kenyatta Walker to be cut and sign him on the cheap.

Green tried to hoodwink the Bills and I hope he ends up with squat now. At least we'll have the best backup runningback in the NFL if a trade never materializes.

All bets are off if anybody's starter goes down in preseason...then it's cha-ching time.

Amen, brother!! Let's let TD work some "magic" as he sees fit. He's got something up his sleeve. We're so focused on the Henry/Shelton possibility. I think TH gets traded. I just have a gut feeling that AZ is not his destination.

303532[/snapback]

Could his magic be to sign Kris Farris to play Left Tackle?

He certainly was a gem!

303572[/snapback]

:unsure:

So true, so true.