One of the best Bledsoe quotes I've

I remember many times when I was like... "OH no, not another sack", and then amazingly Bledsoe would get out of it and throw the ball to TH or someone else for a few yards. 

--------

Yeah, that was Larry Centers three years ago. Unfortuntately he's been gone for a while.

302664[/snapback]

You mean when he had Riemersma to dump it off to. Oh wait that was his "other" safety valve from 3 years ago who was never replaced. Oh well. Viva la Losman!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean when he had Riemersma to dump it off to. Oh wait that was his "other" safety valve from 3 years ago who was never replaced. Oh well. Viva la Losman!!!

302697[/snapback]

What tight end wants to play with a guy who continuously hangs him out to dry? Safety valves aren't the problem when you can't depend on the QB to throw short passes with regular accuracy or touch.

Well, I'm sure Mac and Barbara are fine folks, but I wish they'd instilled those good [football] decision-making skills in DB a little more...

302477[/snapback]

well they probably did -

Drew just picked up bad habits in the off-season by practicing with the neighborhood kids the last few years. :doh:

What tight end wants to play with a guy who continuously hangs him out to dry?  Safety valves aren't the problem when you can't depend on the QB to throw short passes with regular accuracy or touch.

302701[/snapback]

TE Campbell caught 3 TDs in one game this year just before he and the second string TE were injured for the remainder of the year (5 games) Bledsoe had a 3rd and 4th string TE for the last 5 games.

Ask a guy named Ben Coates if Bledsoe knows how to throw passes to tight ends.

Ask a guy named Ben Coates if Bledsoe knew how to throw passes to tight ends.

302724[/snapback]

You didn't comment on the 3 Campbell caught in one game. But I forgot, it's cherry pick time when it comes to Bledsoe.

The team won 9 games IN SPITE OF Bledsoe and lost 7 BECAUSE of Bledsoe.

Right?

I think you'll see Bledsoe do quite well in passing to a Pro Bowl tight end in Dallas named Witten.

TE Campbell caught 3 TDs in one game this year just before he and the second string TE were injured for the remainder of the year (5 games) Bledsoe had a 3rd and 4th string TE for the last 5 games.

302722[/snapback]

Is it easy to pretend that one game against a mediocre opponent changes something?

Drew Bledsoe's stats in the games where the opponents had a record of 10 or more wins or ended the season in the playoffs. (19 total games against teams with either 10 or more wins OR made playoffs):

Attempts: 602

Completions: 342

Percentage: 56.8%

Yards: 3601

TDs: 15

Interceptions: 26

Rating: 64.66

Sacked: 61

Average per game stats:

Attempts: 32

Completions: 18

Percentage: 56.8%

Yards: 190

TDs: 0.8

Interceptions: 1.4

Rating: 64.66

Sacked: 3.2

Other interesting stats of note:

Games without a TD pass: NINE

Games without an intercept: TWO

Games with fewer than 100 yards passing: THREE

Games with more than 300 yards passing: ONE

Games with 50% or lower completions: SIX

Games with 67% or better completions: THREE

Games with one sack or less: THREE

Games with 4 sacks or more: SEVEN

Games with 3 or more TD passes: ONE

Games with 3 or more interceptions: FOUR

Of course, if we just made every offensive lineman a Pro Bowler and had a HOF TE...

How about the goddamn HOF QB elevating everyone else around him by playing HIS best? Guess that's a little much to ask, right? I'm not sure pretending Drew Bledsoe wasn't part of the problem is any different than the extremists on the other side of the argument.

I sincerely hope Drew Bledsoe plays spectacularly well and wins every game he doesn't play against the Buffalo BILLS. I hold no ill will towards the man whatsoever. That doesn't mean he played up to his reputation or doesn't deserve much of the criticism leveled at him. He's been done like dinner for a LONG time.

The team won 9 games IN SPITE OF Bledsoe and lost 7 BECAUSE of Bledsoe.

Right?

Don't you read the posts here? Even Stevestojan's GRANDMOTHER could've won more than 9 games. (direct quote) :doh:

CW

Hey Fezzy, what WAS DB's W/L record while in Buffalo?

302622[/snapback]

Only one losing record in three years.

Better than the years before him, no?

Again, don't you have another 400 page LAMP thread to start?

CW

302722[/snapback]

Great point. He also did pretty well with Curtis Martin and Willis as well.

Look, I am the first to admit that Drew needs a stronger supporting cast than a fan or especially a coach would like. That said, he was far from the biggest problem on the Bills offense in 04, but blaming the qb is an easy way out.

PS: Going with JP may very well prove to be a great decision. This is what I am hoping. What I will NOT do is merely assume that JP is the next Montana or even an adequate NFL QB until he proves something on the football field.

Don't you read the posts here?  Even Stevestojan's GRANDMOTHER could've won more than 9 games.  (direct quote)  :doh:

CW

302779[/snapback]

I have to give you a ton of credit, Fez. You don't care how many people disagree with you; you know your story and you're sticking to it.

As was Drew Bledsoe, as his W/L record and abysmal statistics against better opponents show.

302653[/snapback]

Look, all I've been saying is that we COULD do worse than Bledsoe. Was he the best QB in the world? No. Was he the worst QB in the league last year? Not even close. Was he average-to-above-average? Definately. He wasn't a Probowler, but he was definately middle-of-the-road and he gave us 9 wins. Reading posts here, you'd think we had 2.

CW

Ummm, thanks?  :doh:

CW

302802[/snapback]

I really mean that as a compliment. You stand by your beliefs on this subject, despite all the hacking you take from everyone. Frankly, I'm amazed the conversations continues. There are about 100 threads you could bump with the exact same conversation in them. And you're there in all of them, giving the other view. I gotta respect that.

Look, all I've been saying is that we COULD do worse than Bledsoe.  Was he the best QB in the world?  No.  Was he the worst QB in the league last year?  Not even close.  Was he average-to-above-average?  Definately.  He wasn't a Probowler, but he was definately middle-of-the-road and he gave us 9 wins.  Reading posts here, you'd think we had 2.

CW

302800[/snapback]

I guess I have a much higher expectation of a guy who talks the talk of a HOFer and is pretty much compensated like one. I can honestly not remember one loss against a quality opponent last season that I didn't walk out thinking "Damn, we'd have won with better play from our supposedly HOF QB."

As far as wading through the line to get on the retard rollercoaster, I can't help you there.