Senator's Lugar and Kerry let their tongue slip?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to hear Debbie's excuses for this, since they're Democrats.  She consistantly flipped out over the outing of an operative by the current administration.

302382[/snapback]

You will either hear crickets or attempts to minimize the impact.

Perhaps we should compile a "Top 10 list" before she shows up?

302390[/snapback]

I will go with, "well, Bush did it first and since Bush's made the American mainstream media (not some overseas media outlet), Bush's actions were FAR worse than this tiny little slip-up."

Too bad the "alternative" isn't any better.  Carte blanche government rules!

302501[/snapback]

Marginally better. Bush is an idiot with a questionable foreign policy. Kerry was an idiot with an incoherent foreign policy reminiscent of the egregious BS generated by the Clinton administration (a Central Asian policy formulated not by the State Department, but by Unocol and Mavis friggin' Leno???? Yeah, that bit of genius worked out well...) Given a choice, I prefer policies I disagree with to policies that have no basis in reality.

Lugar's a rep & Kerry's a dem. Both mentioned Fulton Armstrong.

{National Intelligence Officer for Latin America: Fulton Armstrong, previously Chief of Staff of the DCI Crime and Narcotics Center (CNC). Prior to that, he served two terms as a Director for Inter-American Affairs at the National Security Council (1995-97 and 1998-99) and as Deputy NIO for Latin America (1997-98). In 1980 he was Legislative Assistant and Press Secretary to US Rep. Jim Leach. In 1984-95, he served as analyst, political-economic officer, and manager specializing in Latin America in the both the intelligence and policy communities. }

Sounds like bipartisanship to me.

Sounds like bipartisanship to me.

302541[/snapback]

doesn't matter to me if a republican said it or a democrat. what gets me is it will be chalked up as a political oopsie :doh:

if some commoner with a clearance (military, CIA, DoD, government worker, contractor, etc) let something like this slip, their clearance would be revoked, likely fired, and possibly face prosecution

Kerry and Lugar should be held accountable. At the very least they should be removed from any commitee involving the military or intelligence. i'd also go so far as to revoke their clearance, or bump it down a few levels