Did anyone else notice how chippy and chatty Miami's D was?

eball

4 hours ago, eball said:

It struck me as a bit odd yesterday that the Fish defenders seemed to be very vocal and demonstrative, even after routine plays.  They were jawing non-stop, flexing their muscles, and it was kind of funny since the Bills pretty much had their way with them.

Am I alone in noticing that?

Heh.  I think they were trying to get in our guy's heads a bit, try to provoke some penalties or mistakes.  Also trying to pump themselves up.

Did anyone else watch Flores postgame presser?  I give him credit, it's evident he's trying to create a culture of accountability and responsibility. 

He acts as if any acknowledgement that the other team might be better is extracted painfully from his molars.  Took him until about 3:11 in to his presser to give us any credit.

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1196178859797860352

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They're playing hard for Flores and I don't think they were very happy w/how businesslike the Bills handled them Sunday. I didn't see much emotion after Bills TDs, looked to me like they were just there to take home the W and I think that attitude rubbed Fins the wrong way. I thought it was great.

Brown and Allen's drinking ceremony?  Phillips lifting up Allen like he was about to do the Jennifer Grey lift from "Dirty Dancing" or showing Simba to the assembled animals?

Yeah, there was some celebration going down.  Not excessive, but it was there.

You do have a point though, that after good plays it was mostly "Good play.  Next play!" like we expect those results.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They're playing hard for Flores and I don't think they were very happy w/how businesslike the Bills handled them Sunday. I didn't see much emotion after Bills TDs, looked to me like they were just there to take home the W and I think that attitude rubbed Fins the wrong way. I thought it was great.

lol, I saw plenty of emotion.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brown and Allen's drinking ceremony?  Phillips lifting up Allen like he was about to do the Jennifer Grey lift from "Dirty Dancing" or showing Simba to the assembled animals?

You do have a point though, that after good plays it was mostly "Good play.  Next play!" like we expect those results.

This.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeh I dunno the handshake thing is like pro forma at this point, Allen always did it w/McCoy after TDs...that long pass to Brown was one of their best plays of the year and he (Brown) didn't do his usual dance, just a hug in the endzone like any other TD. It might have had something to do with Brown being from Florida and didn't want to do a big celebration but I saw a noticeably subdued team taking care of business against a bad Dolphins team...not emotionless but workmanlike. 

I thought the team as a whole looked prepared and engaged in a way they don't always (outside special teams of course)...it looked very much like they had a solid week of practice, commitment to the gameplan, and a real sense of getting the job done w/out getting too high or too low throughout which strikes me as a sign that McDermott and the staff have the players attentive and focused. That attitude bodes well for the future which is why I liked the way they conducted themselves in this game in particular.