College game day thread wk 11

Buffalo Barbarian

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ok - Dantonio Era should be finally be over after the class he signed today. Embarrassing 

Not sure Dantonio's poor class is more of an indictment against how the CFP has transformed recruiting.  Programs like Sparty used to be able to recruit blue chip prospects with the lure of playing in prime time instead of waiting their turn at the big time programs. 

Now prospects are gravitating towards the handful of CFP contenders and if they don't get playing time, hit the transfer portal

50 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Not sure Dantonio's poor class is more of an indictment against how the CFP has transformed recruiting.  Programs like Sparty used to be able to recruit blue chip prospects with the lure of playing in prime time instead of waiting their turn at the big time programs. 

Now prospects are gravitating towards the handful of CFP contenders and if they don't get playing time, hit the transfer portal

I made the point about the impact of the success we’ve seen from the transfer portal today, because Ohio state signed 2 4 star pro style QBs in the same class. Usually you see one of them go elsewhere but I think they know that they can come in and compete, and if they don’t win the job they can hit the portal especially if they can graduate in 3 years will have immediate 2 years of eligibility 

wrt to Sparty - their class is 11th in the Big 10. That just can’t be. Their top rated recruit is ranked #400 nationally. They won’t even compete in the big 10 with these types of players. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I made the point about the impact of the success we’ve seen from the transfer portal today, because Ohio state signed 2 4 star pro style QBs in the same class. Usually you see one of them go elsewhere but I think they know that they can come in and compete, and if they don’t win the job they can hit the portal especially if they can graduate in 3 years will have immediate 2 years of eligibility 

wrt to Sparty - their class is 11th in the Big 10. That just can’t be. Their top rated recruit is ranked #400 nationally. They won’t even compete in the big 10 with these types of players. 

not on that side of the B1G they won't...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.