College game day thread wk 11

Buffalo Barbarian

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I follow the SEC pretty closely living there. This is the first year in a while where I think LSU is definitely the best team. There were a lot of times that people thought they were on par with Alabama but there was always a gap. I’ll make a bold prediction today that LSU wins by 2 scores.

Bump

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Bama just playing dumb today. They look poorly coached and undisciplined 

I’m not trying to say “I told you so” but they just aren’t that good. This isn’t a fluke. LSU is a much better team. Alabama can’t stop anybody. They are still a top 10(ish) team but they aren’t a title contender. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not trying to say “I told you so” but they just aren’t that good. This isn’t a fluke. LSU is a much better team. Alabama can’t stop anybody. They are still a top 10(ish) team but they aren’t a title contender. 

I thought Bama’s offense would put up a fight with Tua and all this WRs but not looking like it so far. I knew their D wasn’t great but 33 in the 1st half?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You just kind of did and props to you.  If Alabama is blown out they should be out of CFP discussion.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Bama’s offense would put up a fight with Tua and all this WRs but not looking like it so far. I knew their D wasn’t great but 33 in the 1st half?

LSU is different. They are one of the best couple of teams in the country. Ohio State, LSU and everyone else

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

You just kind of did and props to you.  If Alabama is blown out they should be out of CFP discussion.

this is exactly right

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bama just playing dumb today. They look poorly coached and undisciplined 

Yikes Tuscaloosa. I haven’t seen them look this bad since the last time they played a decent team (Clemson)

That's ok.  They'll beat the Citidal and Western Georgia State by a combined 173-6 the next two weeks and be right back in the joke playoffs.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They will be because they have no quality wins. The committee has already laid it out that LSU has the resume to survive a bama loss, but not vice versa

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season and never underestimate the power of a brand.  If they come back and make it interesting in the 2nd half then I wouldn't totally discount them sneaking into that four spot.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

A lot can happen between now and the end of the season and never underestimate the power of a brand.  If they come back and make it interesting in the 2nd half then I wouldn't totally discount them sneaking into that four spot.

They could but they need help - just saying they don’t control their own destiny regardless of the result of this game, though LSU does

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Alabama May scrap their way back into this because they are winners but they just aren’t good enough to hang with this team.

Imo if Oklahoma wins out they will get in over bama but we will see

btw I picked LSU to go the playoff before the season

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.