Lawsuit: Teacher Makes Girl Unclog Toilet

I blame the Janitors Union. They intimidated the teacher.

300986[/snapback]

That's what happens when a 5 year old craps a tennis ball. Those things are dangerous. :( If Jonnie Cochran was alive what would he say? "If the **** don't fit you must clean it!"

On a serious note...the teacher was way out of bounds if the story is to be believed.

Unbelievable.  I hope the teacher and school district are both sued for every last dime they have,  and then some.

301027[/snapback]

Based off the parents lawsuit? You have heard one side of the story. My guess this kid was up to no good and was made to clean up a mess. Irritable bowel syndrom my ass.

What people don't seem to realize is that if you sue the school for the actions of one nuckle-head, it hurts EVERYONE. No one should be able to sue the school system for all kinds of money over being thrown out of school, or insulted or whatever nonsense people sue the school for these days. Insurance prices for the school goes up, that means you taxes go up too. If we are going to sue everyone, maybe we should instill the nominal concept that Mr. LA keeps alluding too....personal accountibility. Have the girl's parents sue the teacher, not the school, what the hell did they have to do with it anyways....

On second thought, yeah, they probably do realize it, it's just that everyone has thier hand out and could care less about the wellfare of anyone else. Come on US government, hurry up with that superflu, I can't take it anymore.....

PS I have not checked for spelling errors in this post. I have yard work to do, which I go to do now....

Well said. It's not so much a legal system anymore as much as it's become the 'legal lottery'. I think many juries contribute to this problem because they get a momentary power trip for transfering so much $$$ from one party to another.

301607[/snapback]

Yikes! I know this is eventually going to get kicked over to PPP, but what the heck:

http://www.bcnys.org/whatsnew/1998/acciddrm.htm

can't say i agree with making the class watch, but if you clog it then you should also be willing to unclog it...

300929[/snapback]

After reading your coment and several others, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a parent. Perhaps you and some of the others failed to read the part that gives the little girls age as 5. This is a kindergarten class, not a military boot camp.

As per the teachers statement, this was to serve as a disciplinary action. That type of action MAY be suited for a young adult, but most definitely not a 5 year old child. The result of that DISCIPLINARY ACTION has a consequence. This one resulted in this child reverting back several years in her bathroom training and has affected numerous day to day activities of which I won't enlighten at this time.

I will however say that this event has disrupted the entire family in there day to day activities plus having to place this child under doctors care.

As to some of the other coments, YES she has a serious disorder and has had it since birth. Also, every teacher in that school was spoken to by her mother advising them of this disorder, including the principle and staff.

Now as to the $$$$ that has some of you concerned. The only reason a lawyer was brought into this was because the school dropped the ball when it came to paying for the doctors expense. THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS OBTAINED AN ATTORNY. Publicity, notoriety, or seeking a stage is the LAST thing that the parents of this child were/are seeking.

Would you subject you child to this type of exposure? I would hope not. This came about because of the insensitivity/stupidity of the media.

How do I know about this? Well, I have been very close friends with this family for 10 years and spend a lot of time with the parents and the kids on a weekly basis. In fact, I was the first person called when this incident occurred. Having 3 children of my own, along with 7 grandchildren and 16 years as a teacher gives me a little insight to this unfortunate incident.

My hope is that this never happens to any of YOUR children.

After reading your coment and several others, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a parent.  Perhaps you and some of the others failed to read the part that gives the little girls age as 5.  This is a kindergarten class, not a military boot camp.

As per the teachers statement, this was to serve as a disciplinary action.  That type of action MAY be suited for a young adult, but most definitely not a 5 year old child.  The result of that DISCIPLINARY ACTION has a consequence.  This one resulted in this child reverting back several years in her bathroom training and has affected numerous day to day activities of which I won't enlighten at this time.

I will however say that this event has disrupted the entire family in there day to day activities plus having to place this child under doctors care.

As to some of the other coments, YES she has a serious disorder and has had it since birth.  Also, every teacher in that school was spoken to by her mother advising them of this disorder, including the principle and staff.

Now as to the $$$$ that has some of you concerned.  The only reason a lawyer was brought into this was because the school dropped the ball when it came to paying for the doctors expense.  THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS OBTAINED AN ATTORNY.  Publicity, notoriety, or seeking a stage is the LAST thing that the parents of this child were/are seeking.

Would you subject you child to this type of exposure?  I would hope not.  This came about because of the insensitivity/stupidity of the media.

How do I know about this?  Well, I have been very close friends with this family for 10 years and spend a lot of time with the parents and the kids on a weekly basis.  In fact, I was the first person called when this incident occurred.  Having 3 children of my own, along with 7 grandchildren and 16 years as a teacher gives me a little insight to this unfortunate incident.

302070[/snapback]

16 years as a teacher, and you can't spell "principal"? :P

And that is why the school taxes would go up. If it was my kid, I'd rather get the teacher fired, and a written apology from the school board.

301179[/snapback]

Absolutely! People, we gotta stop suing everybody for every little thing. If you want to get rich buy lottery tickets or something. Possibly the punishment should be forcing the teacher to eat until she yaks, then make her pull it out of the pot by hand.

After reading your coment and several others, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a parent.  Perhaps you and some of the others failed to read the part that gives the little girls age as 5.  This is a kindergarten class, not a military boot camp.

As per the teachers statement, this was to serve as a disciplinary action.  That type of action MAY be suited for a young adult, but most definitely not a 5 year old child.  The result of that DISCIPLINARY ACTION has a consequence.  This one resulted in this child reverting back several years in her bathroom training and has affected numerous day to day activities of which I won't enlighten at this time.

As to some of the other coments, YES she has a serious disorder and has had it since birth.  Also, every teacher in that school was spoken to by her mother advising them of this disorder, including the principle and staff.

Now as to the $$$$ that has some of you concerned.  The only reason a lawyer was brought into this was because the school dropped the ball when it came to paying for the doctors expense.  THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS OBTAINED AN ATTORNY.  Publicity, notoriety, or seeking a stage is the LAST thing that the parents of this child were/are seeking.

Would you subject you child to this type of exposure?  I would hope not.  This came about because of the insensitivity/stupidity of the media.

How do I know about this?  Well, I have been very close friends with this family for 10 years and spend a lot of time with the parents and the kids on a weekly basis.  In fact, I was the first person called when this incident occurred.  Having 3 children of my own, along with 7 grandchildren and 16 years as a teacher gives me a little insight to this unfortunate incident.

302070[/snapback]

So you just happened to be surfing the net where a bunch of Buffalo Bills fans talk football, and came across a post from Bonita Springs FL about a family you know? Whatever. Like I said, lets hear the other side of the story before judgement is passed. It is an accusation, nothing more. Save your outrage.

So you just happened to be surfing the net where a bunch of Buffalo Bills fans talk football, and came across a post from Bonita Springs FL about a family you know? Whatever. Like I said, lets hear the other side of the story before judgement is passed. It is an accusation, nothing more. Save your outrage.

302134[/snapback]

He did registered in October of '04, so it's not like he hasn't been here before.

When I first joined under my other username (in '99 or 2000), I lurked for a half a year before I began posting regularly. Maybe the same is the case with BeachBum?

The only reason a lawyer was brought into this was because the school dropped the ball when it came to paying for the doctors expense.  THAT IS THE ONLY REASON THE PARENTS OBTAINED AN ATTORNY.  Publicity, notoriety, or seeking a stage is the LAST thing that the parents of this child were/are seeking.

Would you subject you child to this type of exposure?  I would hope not.  This came

302070[/snapback]

What kind of medical treatment resulted from unclogging a toilet? Did she get her hand stuck in the bowl? Give me a break, the only reason a lawyer was brought in was to get the $$$$, period. What the hell are you people thinking? One bad experience and the girl is ruined for life? I love to hear people flexing their internet muscles and saying they'd take a bat to the teacher. I have a daughter and although I wouldn't want this to happen to her, I wouldn't be looking for a payday either. Overprotective, overreactive parents are part of the problem here. Get an apology from and some training for the teacher, then move on with life. Blowing this into a big issue is going to mess the kid up more than ever and thats EXACTLY what a drawn out lawsuit will do.

I'd be scared $hitless to be in front of a jury these days. Just look at many of the reactions in this thread. The justice system isn't about justice, it's about the ducats.

RTB

302070[/snapback]

so at what age did you start having your kids and grandkids start doing chores and cleaning up after themselves?

Of is that type of activity too demeaning and would ruin their self-esteem?

Kids at age 5 are fully capable of cleaning up - and my guess is the teacher had some justification, more than pure vindicativness, to require that kid to do the cleaning.

so at what age did you start having your kids and grandkids start doing chores and cleaning up after themselves?

302310[/snapback]

Apparently 18. This is why our society is filled with kids with no work ethic. Grow up on a farm instead of wussville, USA where demeaning tasks are for lesser folks.

Article says school was never informed at any time this young lady had any special needs.  Also Parents were sent forms to fill out and sign such that young ladies care could be paid for which was not signed and sent in .  Thirdly the washroom  used was in a another room and students did not watch her remove the block.

Teacher makes girl unclog

302352[/snapback]

Slowly but surely the truth comes out.