OT- Lock of the Week

soljc

Falcons -3.5 over the lowly 49ers. The Niners are already talking about Dorsey taking over the QB spot (Rattay has battled injuries most of preseason), they start 2 totally new WRs in the offense, they lost all 4 preseason games, including giving up 31 points to the Chargers (who sat LT), and they just reshuffled their defensive line 5 days before the game. After the Chargers game, LB Peterson (who just signed the 1-year franchise offer) said it best: "It doesn't look good."

FWIW, I also like:

Bills -3

Titans -3.5

Iggles -9.5

Chefs +3

Great idea for a thread!

I like Pats -3 over Colts (Manning will get crushed)

Titans-Felons under 38-1/2 (Fish's D is still tough, Fish's O is going nowhere)

and 1 more game which I'll pick & edit in this post before tomorrow's game starts.

Falcons -3.5 over the lowly 49ers.  The Niners are already talking about Dorsey taking over the QB spot (Rattay has battled injuries most of preseason), they start 2 totally new WRs in the offense, they lost all 4 preseason games, including giving up 31 points to the Chargers (who sat LT), and they just reshuffled their defensive line 5 days before the game.  After the Chargers game, LB Peterson (who just signed the 1-year franchise offer) said it best: "It doesn't look good."

FWIW, I also like:

Bills -3

Titans -3.5

Iggles -9.5

Chefs +3

22230[/snapback]

I think betting away teams for best bets is not wise, and even less on opening weekend. You have 3 of your 4 best bets doing this: Atlanta, Titans, and Chiefs.

My best bet would be the Rams (-11) killing the Cardinals.

My second best bet would be the Bills (-3) over the Jags.

And in a "weather" game, I like the under (45) for the Pats/Colts on a sloppy wet field and most likely some high winds.

The 49ers may or may not be the worst team in football, but I still don't like the idea of laying 3.5 on the road with a team (ATL) that has a decent chance of sucking.

I will go along w/ the Pats -3. The revenge factor never helps the Colts. They're a very mechanical team. They always beat the same teams, and they always struggle with the same teams. They're a team about matchups, and they don't match up w/ NE.

I also like Baltimore -3 @ Cleveland and Washington -1.5 vs. Tampa.

22364[/snapback]

I also like the Rams with the Cards O decimated by injury, but will pass

until I see what Dennis Green has brung to the table... that's a lot of points!

I think betting away teams for best bets is not wise, and even less on opening weekend. You have 3 of your 4 best bets doing this: Atlanta, Titans, and Chiefs.

My second best bet would be the Bills (-3) over the Jags.

And in a "weather" game, I like the under (45) for the Pats/Colts on a sloppy wet field and most likely some high winds.

22364[/snapback]

The lock is Atlanta, the others are just games I like.

Atlanta 28

49ers 13

Im not saying everyone loses, but most do...

Then you need to hang out with me more often, amigo.

Here is your gamblers trend of trends for opening week.

Play the over in the first week of the NFL season when you have a home favorite of 7-10 points and the total in the game is 40 or more points.

It has a 75% success rate, and this year you get two...count'em, TWO...lucious bets.

Philly at home favored over the G'ints by 9 1/2, with an ova/unda of 42 1/2.

Rams at home favored by over 11 vs. the Cards, and an ova/unda of 45 1/2.

Jump on 'em.

The lock is Atlanta, the others are just games I like.

Atlanta 28

49ers 13

22551[/snapback]

Sorry about the confusion.

I'm not sure what you've seen from Vick this season to make you think the Falcons will put up that many points.

I would stay away the Falcons and Vick until he can prove he can handle the West Coast offense.

I'm going to chicken out this week and take a 2 team teaser to bring down the Rams exposure.

Rams -6 & Bills +2

And I think I'll tease the Pats/Colts Under 50 with the Rams/Cards over 41

Good Luck to all.

Then you need to hang out with me more often, amigo.

Here is your gamblers trend of trends for opening week.

Play the over in the first week of the NFL season when you have a home favorite of 7-10 points and the total in the game is 40 or more points.

It has a 75% success rate, and this year you get two...count'em, TWO...lucious bets.

Philly at home favored over the G'ints by 9 1/2, with an ova/unda of 42 1/2.

Rams at home favored by over 11 vs. the Cards, and an ova/unda of 45 1/2.

Jump on 'em.

22627[/snapback]

I like the Philly over cause I think the Giants will find a way to score some points, but I'm hesitant about the Rams game......Bulger & Co. could put up 30, but I don't know if the Cards can score.

I read a stat in a football mag that said buffalo was 1-10 ats when the total on the game was 35 or less.This weeks total 35.

23304[/snapback]

Sounds good, but that was under GW, I wouldn't touch it...

Things may have changed, we'll see this weekend.

Great idea for a thread!

I like Pats -3 over Colts (Manning will get crushed)

Titans-Felons under 38-1/2 (Fish's D is still tough, Fish's O is going nowhere)

and 1 more game which I'll pick & edit in this post before tomorrow's game starts.

22271[/snapback]

Manning will not be getting crushed tonight. The Colts will beat the Pats because the officials will be showing off their shiney brand new anti-mugging rule to America. Sorry Pats fans, but that will be your downfall tonight.