Would you have wanted us to go for it on 4th down if Gore doesn't get in on 3rd?

Go for the win?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. FG or gamble?

• Go for the win!
    • Kick for the tie

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

They drove right up the field, our defense showed what it was capable off at that point of the game.

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Did you not watch the end of the game?

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

They drove right up the field, our defense showed what it was capable off at that point of the game.

Yes I did.. I still believe in this D and this O to come up big at the end of the game.

You all can quote me till the cows come home. I wouldn't have gone for it because our Running game gets stuffed to often, and I felt a tie benefits us way more than a loss when the determine the wild cards and the strength of our schedule and the ability of this team to win at least 9 if we tied Cincin.

Edited by ddaryl

Under the circumstances it would have been the smart play to go for it on fourth and goal from inside the 1.  Ample time/time outs to get the ball back following a three and out with relatively decent field position given the wind.  Getting into field goal range following a punt would not have been a sure thing, but with that wind it would have been worth the risk. 

On a side note, one area where I think we could improve in the next wind game would be to use both intermediate and deep returners on punts into the wind.  I believe Roberts couldn’t catch at least one punt into the wind that an intermediate returner easily would have fielded (and preserved field position).  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

...I felt a tie benefits us way more than a loss when the determine the wild cards...

My goodness. I may not be an expert, but I do not believe NFL coaches play for ties.

Also, by your logic, McDermott should not have gone for two earlier in the game.

I believe you would have lost that game twice over.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Yes I did.. I still believe in this D and this O to come up big at the end of the game.

You all can quote me till the cows come home. I wouldn't have gone for it because our Running game gets stuffed to often, and I felt a tie benefits us way more than a loss when the determine the wild cards and the strength of our schedule and the ability of this team to win at least 9 if we tied Cincin.

Well if we kicked a field goal, we would have lost by a field go so I don’t know where you are coming up with we would have tied them?