Misleading Bills $25 ticket email promotion.

1ManRaid

May seem like a petty gripe to some (or most), but I'm pretty big about advertising standards and transparency.

Whoever is running the email marketing sends this promotion boasting "1-0! $25 ticket offer", with the main body just being an image of the home schedule with absolutely no additional information.  Seems to imply the offer applies to all games.  So I click through to find that the only game it applies to is the final game against the Jets, which is hidden on a second page you have to scroll down to find the button to access.  They could have just added those last two games to the first page since you had to scroll down to see the 5th and 6th games anyways.  Then of course it only applies to two specific sections, you don't know what row or seats you are getting (likely just the top rows, in the corner), and the obligatory nebulous "fees" are tacked on.

That's like a store advertising an "80% OFF SALE!" flyer with no disclosure of limitations or even fine print, only to find out after you get to the store that the discount only applies to a limited assortment of hair ties tucked away in the corner of a bottom shelf in the kids section.  They really should be disclosing details and limitations of the $25 tickets right in the email.

Have any of you ever bought tickets from a promotion like this?  What seats did you get?

*edit*

I should add that I checked and this "limited time offer" is selling these tickets at the same price as Ticketmaster.  At least with Ticketmaster you can get them cheaper from "verified resale" transactions.  I guess that's why there were no conditions or limitations to put in fine print, as it's not a sale or promotion at all.  They're just falsely advertising their regular ticket prices as some special email promotion.

Edited by 1ManRaid

9 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

That's like a store advertising an "80% OFF SALE!" flyer with no disclosure of limitations or even fine print, only to find out after you get to the store that the discount only applies to a limited assortment of hair ties tucked away in the corner of a bottom shelf in the kids section.

Soooooo, just like every single "80% OFF SALE!" I've ever seen.

13 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

May seem like a petty gripe to some (or most), but I'm pretty big about advertising standards and transparency.

Whoever is running the email marketing sends this promotion boasting "1-0! $25 ticket offer", with the main body just being an image of the home schedule with absolutely no additional information.  Seems to imply the offer applies to all games.  So I click through to find that the only game it applies to is the final game against the Jets, which is hidden on a second page you have to scroll down to find the button to access.  They could have just added those last two games to the first page since you had to scroll down to see the 5th and 6th games anyways.  Then of course it only applies to two specific sections, you don't know what row or seats you are getting (likely just the top rows, in the corner), and the obligatory nebulous "fees" are tacked on.

That's like a store advertising an "80% OFF SALE!" flyer with no disclosure of limitations or even fine print, only to find out after you get to the store that the discount only applies to a limited assortment of hair ties tucked away in the corner of a bottom shelf in the kids section.  They really should be disclosing details and limitations of the $25 tickets right in the email.

Have any of you ever bought tickets from a promotion like this?  What seats did you get?

*edit*

I should add that I checked and this "limited time offer" is selling these tickets at the same price as Ticketmaster.  At least with Ticketmaster you can get them cheaper from "verified resale" transactions.  I guess that's why there were no conditions or limitations to put in fine print, as it's not a sale or promotion at all.  They're just falsely advertising their regular ticket prices as some special email promotion.

I actually feel like this DOES happen all the time lmaoo

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

The link I'm posting is absolutely legit, and benefits a good cause. Hope this helps 

https://offer.fevo.com/muscular-dystrophy-association-85f54a4?fevoUri=muscular-dystrophy-association-85f54a4%2F

Hey, that's really cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll contact my peeps and see if they want to go to any of those games.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Soooooo, just like every single "80% OFF SALE!" I've ever seen.

Sort of?  Nowadays you will typically see at least SOME form of fine print to say it doesn't apply to the entire store.  This email promo was literally JUST a picture of the schedule.  Not even a "terms and conditions apply" or something like that.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Hey, that's really cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I'll contact my peeps and see if they want to go to any of those games.

Sort of?  Nowadays you will typically see at least SOME form of fine print to say it doesn't apply to the entire store.  This email promo was literally JUST a picture of the schedule.  Not even a "terms and conditions apply" or something like that.

Thanks, I actually made a separate thread about it. I meant to a while back, but this post reminded me of it 

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

MAybe that's for a late December game?  Although it sounds a little pricey for that...

Yes, the Dec 29 game against the Jets.  You can get tickets cheaper from "verified resale" like on Ticketmaster or through the charity promotion Steptide linked.

Weird thing in that supposedly undesirable game could be the hypest game all season if that game is to clinch a playoff spot or something.

• Like (+1) 1