Mike Vick gives some chick the HERP!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know because I went through a similar situation 15 years ago with a woman I was dating, and I've learned to deal with it.

297411[/snapback]

Little jumpers or nasty discharge? Inquiring minds want to know.

EDIT: OK, that was a bit beyond the pale. But still, why in God's name would you admit to that on an internet message board?

SEE! I knew you frequented Tijuana! :ph34r:

Forgive me for not being a health care provider (like the plaintiff is)...

But isn't Herpes only communicable when it is **visible**?

How could she not know?

But, I could be wrong of course... And this could be Urban Legend...

As far as the condom thing goes... It sounds like they were in a relationship for a while... it's understandable to me that perhaps she was thinking it was something longer term which didn't work out in the end... (the article said they met in '01 and didn't actually have sex until '02 - so it wasn't the first date or a one-nighter)...

How could she not know?

But, I could be wrong of course...  And this could be Urban Legend...

297707[/snapback]

Can Herpes Be Transmitted Without Symptoms?

Yes! Sometimes those who know they are infected spread the virus between outbreaks, when no signs or symptoms are present. This is called "Asymptomatic Transmission."

Research also shows that herpes simplex infections are often spread by people who don't know they are infected. These people may have symptoms so mild they don't notice them at all or else don't recognize them as herpes.

Many genital herpes infections are spread from persons who are asymptomatic "Shedders" of the virus.

For those who recognize their symptoms, asymptomatic transmission appears to be far less likely than spreading the virus when lesions are present. Many couples have had sexual relations for years without transmitting herpes. Some simply avoid having sexual contact when signs or symptoms are present. Others use condoms or other protection between outbreaks to help protect against asymptomatic shedding.

How could she not know?

297707[/snapback]

Ron Mexico only makes love by candle light. There is no way she would have seen his bumpies.

How could she not know?

297707[/snapback]

You sir are incorrect. You are less likely to but the risk is always there of gaining a friend for life. Happy hunting!

EDIT: OK, that was a bit beyond the pale. But still, why in God's name would you admit to that on an internet message board?

SEE! I knew you frequented Tijuana! :ph34r:

297700[/snapback]

Well, for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not just giving an opinion on this subject to hear myself talk. I went through virtually what this woman said happened to her.

A woman I was dating didn't tell me she had it. We were about 4 months into our relationship when I first learned I had it myself. It's stressful, and scary, and freaky. I was angry as schitt because I now was without a girlfriend, but also had to explain my situation to every woman I'd ever try to hook up with from that day forward...and it would have been easier to tell a woman that I have a pecker the size of a toothpick than it was to tell them I was irresponsible with sex.

Second, it's simply not that big of deal to me anymore because as far as I'm concerned, the last perfect person died on a cross a couple thousand years ago. People aren't perfect. People make mistakes. What makes people stand out from each other is how they handle their mistakes. I adjusted to mine, and talking about it openly will only result in someone learning something. If this is my scarlet letter, I'll take it. A lot of people have made worse mistakes than me, and are in worse shape than this little issue has become for me.

Thirdly, admitting this on an internet message board is nothing. It's not like everyone knows my name, address, age, height, weight, where I just got a job, where my family lives and plays golf and how often, and what I look like. THAT is what I would call questionable judgement.

But, again, back to the topic at hand: suing someone over it? Self-serving and ridiculous. Twenty bucks says she scorned.

Well, for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not just giving an opinion on this subject to hear myself talk. I went through virtually what this woman said happened to her.

A woman I was dating didn't tell me she had it. We were about 4 months into our relationship when I first learned I had it myself. It's stressful, and scary, and freaky. I was angry as schitt because I now was without a girlfriend, but also had to explain my situation to every woman I'd ever try to hook up with from that day forward...and it would have been easier to tell a woman that I have a pecker the size of a toothpick than it was to tell them I was irresponsible with sex.

Second, it's simply not that big of deal to me anymore because as far as I'm concerned, the last perfect person died on a cross a couple thousand years ago. People aren't perfect. People make mistakes. What makes people stand out from each other is how they handle their mistakes. I adjusted to mine, and talking about it openly will only result in someone learning something. If this is my scarlet letter, I'll take it. A lot of people have made worse mistakes than me, and are in worse shape than this little issue has become for me.

Thirdly, admitting this on an internet message board is nothing. It's not like everyone knows my name, address, age, height, weight, where I just got a job, where my family lives and plays golf and how often, and what I look like. THAT is what I would call questionable judgement.

But, again, back to the topic at hand: suing someone over it? Self-serving and ridiculous. Twenty bucks says she scorned.

297780[/snapback]

Well done. That's what I get for being a smartass. I'll now say 543 Hail Marys and 299 Our Fathers :ph34r:

Well done. That's what I get for being a smartass. I'll now say 543 Hail Marys and 299 Our Fathers :)

297786[/snapback]

I know your writings well enough to know when you're busting balls. And you apparently know mine well enough to know I can take it.

Now fug off. :ph34r:

Oh, you're a guy...? :) I thought that picture below your name was a picture of you....

:ph34r:

CW

I know your writings well enough to know when you're busting balls. And you apparently know mine well enough to know I can take it.

Now fug off. :ph34r:

297791[/snapback]

remember be kinder when you tell someone to fug-off :):)

I'm glad you've "come out" AD. It can be a big help to the young studs on this board who seem to be severely un-informed about this (and many other) STD(s).

So many diseases can be passed on when there are NO VISIBLE SYMPTOMS. Including Gonorrhea and Syphilis.

Guys - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH - don't depend on stuff your friends tell you - your life, your future health, and the health of your families depend on it.

I'm glad you've "come out" AD.  It can be a big help to the young studs on this board who seem to be severely un-informed about this (and many other) STD(s).

297812[/snapback]

Wow, AD "came out" and I missed it? Geez, so LA had an STD fear, AD's gay, now what are you going to tell me...BF and DC Tom are the same person? :ph34r:

I'm glad you've "come out" AD.  It can be a big help to the young studs on this board who seem to be severely un-informed about this (and many other) STD(s).

So many diseases can be passed on when there are NO VISIBLE SYMPTOMS. Including Gonorrhea and Syphilis.

Guys - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH - don't depend on stuff your friends tell you - your life, your future health, and the health of your families depend on it.

297812[/snapback]

Did Darin come out too? :ph34r:

297812[/snapback]

research? I mean, if she's gonna lie to ya, she's gonna lie... it sucks, and there's little you can do. Even a condom isn't 100% against the Herp... sucks.