Mike Vick gives some chick the HERP!!

FWIW, A friend of my wifes has it. Has had two children, by natural childbirth. Also, The kids did not get herpes.

297395[/snapback]

Yes, you can do it naturally, the Doctor just needs to check for the virus before giving birth. Maybe I just should have said "may not."

Okay, forget it, I was wrong. Her life has not been made more complicated. He should be liable for medical expenses, and nothing more.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I can understand an anger strong enough to make this happen without a profit motive. Still, I think criminal charges might be a better way of finding justice in this case.

297383[/snapback]

Sorry, man. Not for herpes. Not a lawsuit. Not criminal charges. Not a damn thing except two people who screwed up and need to deal with this on their own. If he refuses to help her, then she knows where she stands with him. She surely can't change the situation, so she has to deal with it. And the way to deal with it is....MONEY?

I know people who's lives have been seriously, physically altered and debilitated because of one person's mistake. THAT is where you sue someone. This isn't even in the same class. Not even close. I know because I went through a similar situation 15 years ago with a woman I was dating, and I've learned to deal with it. Suing that chick never even crossed my mind because I was too hurt that the trust was broken. Money wasn't going to fix that for me. I had to learn how to adjust my lifestyle.

But apparently money and dragging her problem into the public will make this woman feel better...and she's well within her rights. But there's more to this than "Oh, I got herpes from Michael Vick." Especially if they were involved in a relationship for an extended period of time.'

Personal accountability. They could both use some.

Yes, you can do it naturally, the Doctor just needs to check for the virus before giving birth.  Maybe I just should have said "may not."

Okay, forget it, I was wrong.  Her life has not been made more complicated.  He should be liable for medical expenses, and nothing more.

297410[/snapback]

In the case of birth, the doctor will generally prescribe daily doses of Valtrex or some other drug about two weeks before the baby's due date to keep the virus in check during the birth.

Yes, you can do it naturally, the Doctor just needs to check for the virus before giving birth.  Maybe I just should have said "may not."

Okay, forget it, I was wrong.  Her life has not been made more complicated.  He should be liable for medical expenses, and nothing more.

297410[/snapback]

You're not wrong..................

Sorry, man. Not for herpes. Not a lawsuit. Not criminal charges. Not a damn thing except two people who screwed up and need to deal with this on their own. If he refuses to help her, then she knows where she stands with him.

297411[/snapback]

If it was AIDs would it be different? Not trying to be rhetorical or anything, just curious where you draw the line.

I know people who's lives have been seriously, physically altered and debilitated because of one person's mistake. THAT is where you sue someone. This isn't even in the same class. Not even close. I know because I went through a similar situation 15 years ago with a woman I was dating, and I've learned to deal with it. Suing that chick never even crossed my mind because I was too hurt that the trust was broken. Money wasn't going to fix that for me. I had to learn how to adjust my lifestyle.

Fabio gave you herpes didn't he? That bastard, I knew that story was too good to be true. :blush:

If it was AIDs would it be different? Not trying to be rhetorical or anything, just curious where you draw the line.

297420[/snapback]

If you had to draw a line, I'd say the line would have to be "life threatening" vs "an inconvenience".

That, and again, if Vick wasn't loaded, no, she wouldn't get crap from him if he infected ehr with HIV.

Like I said before, girls shouldn't only make sure there's a condom when they KNOW a guy has an STD... They use them for the "what if" factor... play with a loaded gun, and you might get shot.

297420[/snapback]

Very fair question, and yes, AIDS is different because it many cases, AIDS is a death sentence. AND that is a situation where more money gets you better treatment. With herpes, you get one or two pill options to suppress it, and it is in no way life threatening. It's just a pain in the ass for a while.

If you had to draw a line, I'd say the line would have to be "life threatening" vs "an inconvenience".

That, and again, if Vick wasn't loaded, no, she wouldn't get crap from him if he infected ehr with HIV.

Like I said before, girls shouldn't only make sure there's a condom when they KNOW a guy has an STD... They use them for the "what if" factor...  play with a loaded gun, and you might get shot.

297427[/snapback]

:blush:

So you get a disease from someone you're "committed to in a serious way," and then you turn around and sue them?  :blush:  If it were that committed, I doubt you turn to your lawyer.

CW

297384[/snapback]

I would. What Vick did is betrayel. There's no way I'd ever trust a woman who withheld such information from me. Without trust there is no hope of further relationship.

LOL... Ron Mexico... I live in Atlanta... I've GOT to get that jersey.

On the radio this morning they were making comments like "Herpes Simplex 2... Vick thought that was the one where Peerless runs a post route and he dumps off to the tight end."