Arizona drops extra demand for Shelton/Henry trade

PIZ

The Arizona Cardinals say they've dropped their request for additional compensation in a proposed trade that would send offensive tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for Bills tailback Travis Henry.

Tom Donahoe, the Bills' president and general manager, said recently one of the things holding up the deal was the Cardinals' demand that the Bills part with more than Henry. Henry requested a trade after losing the Bills' starting tailback job last season to Willis McGahee. . . .

Washington Post

Didn't realize the Cards were asking for extra compensation, I thought it was the other way around.

The Cards sure make a lot of noise for a player that they claim they aren't really that interested in.

I hope that, after all of thise, it's not just a straight player-for-player trade. I want an extra pick (or swapping of picks).

CW

yup, this just proves that arizona is TD's B word...we'll get exactly what TD wants from them...TD just stares the opponent down until they flinch...

296773[/snapback]

The best negotiators in the world go into the deal fully prepared to walk away, even eat crow, if they don't get what they want on their terms. Arizona needs Henry more than we need Shelton and both TD and Green know this. TD will get what he wants, and Green will look pretty good for staring down the barrel of one of the more seasoned offseason negotiators.