Media Recipe to keep the world talking.

19 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I'm not sure how they'd react, but when exactly did we all accept the notion that there were different "sides" to news and information other than "truth" and "lies"?

Hypothetically, is it possible to cover a complex news story without one side seeing bias?  Even a reporter that sticks squarely to the facts have an inherent bias (because they're a human being) that may subconsciously seep through in their reporting.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Hypothetically, is it possible to cover a complex news story without one side seeing bias?  Even a reporter that sticks squarely to the facts have an inherent bias (because they're a human being) that may subconsciously seep through in their reporting.

Sure, people will have their biases, no argument there. I'm specifically referring to the growing perception that issues and events are defined by and expressed only through leftist v rightist sensibilities. A professional journalist should be able to report events from a neutral point of view, and the fact that we have (supposedly) conservative and liberal news outlets reflects both our society's desire for political tribalism and the media's willingness to perpetuate it. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Azalin said:

Sure, people will have their biases, no argument there. I'm specifically referring to the growing perception that issues and events are defined by and expressed only through leftist v rightist sensibilities. A professional journalist should be able to report events from a neutral point of view, and the fact that we have (supposedly) conservative and liberal news outlets reflects both our society's desire for political tribalism and the media's willingness to perpetuate it. 

There are a lot of good journalists out there if you look.  The problem is they don't draw ratings or clicks which proves your point.

• Like (+1) 1