Bills Training Camp Day 11 (last practice at SJF for 2019) 8/6

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

Buffalo didn't shell out big dollars on Morse, Brown, and Beasley to go along with Spain, Feliciano, and Long on shorter deals to have a "balanced" offense.  Expectations for this team are once again all about making the playoffs and this lowering of the standard is a means of hedging bets in the event the season unravels into mediocrity or worse.  They didn't do a complete tear down of the roster over 3 seasons to be middling.    

Once again, I'm going to point to objective evidence in my critique of McCoach.  He's 15-17 career and has had a huge influence, perhaps more than any other Bills HC, on the roster.  Yet, his offensive decision making is extremely suspect, highlighted by who they've played at QB, the devaluing of offense in years 1 and 2 to pursue defense, and the results bear this out.

Bottom line is, McD is underestimated because he's 15-17 and was blown out 6 times last season (at BAL, SD, at GB, at IND, NE, CHI) against two decisive wins (at MIN, at NYJ).  You'll notice that 3 of those losses were home and none of their big wins were.  Now you're telling us that because McD is defensive minded that somehow equates to knowing offense?  Based on what?  It sure looks like anything but the opposite.    Still, this is based on evidence, not what one wants to think.  Frankly, I don't understand how people can know so much that isn't so.   

If you only look at each season in a microcosm you fail to see that the entire 2+ year "process" of decision-making has led to this year and beyond.  What "lowering of the standard" are you talking about, exactly?  I'm on record multiple times that I expect 10 wins out of this team.  I can also say I don't think anyone "expects" the Bills' offense to suddenly "light it up" based upon one offseason of additions.  If the defense plays as expected and the offense improves to average they are well positioned for the future, both in youth and available resources.

I believe McD may be fairly judged for his W-L record beginning this year.

11 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I think that's an unlikely scenario because McDermott and Beane would ostensibly be admitting that they got the Allen pick wrong, which is probably a death sentence for them in Buffalo.

Plus, they've been very careful to give the appearance that they're building for the long-term; with the 2020 WR class (both in FA and the draft) coming up, now would be a really bad time to bail on surrounding Allen with a very high level of pass-catching talent.

I'm envisioning a potential scenario with Barkley looking REALLY good in place of an injured Allen.  

And he not surprisingly from what I had seen........clearly outplayed Allen tonight, IMO.

I think we know Barkley is ultimately limited but if the team was losing with Allen and is winning with Barkley it would be hard to justify replacing him to the locker room.

McD made a locker room mistake benching Tyrod a couple years ago and reportedly apologized to the team for it...........I think he'd be hesitant to do that again.