A couple of nuggets from Peter King...

duey

From todays column...

#1. I think John Paul II was a darn fine Pope, and we'll miss him. (Yes folks...Peter King gets paid to write these things...and he does a darn fine job to boot). :lol:

#2. This just in ... Randy Johnson's pretty good. (I am now taking numbers to kick this guys ass). :doh:

#3. I think, 19 days before the draft, the biggest flux team is Miami. No question. The Dolphins want to move out of the No. 2 pick and will have trouble finding a partner to swap with. (Oooh...a football thought?!? WTF?!?). :devil:

#4. I think Ty Law will end up with the Jets. (Hmmm...that could be annoying). :doh:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ.../mmqb.steroids/

From todays column...

#1.  I think John Paul II was a darn fine Pope, and we'll miss him. (Yes folks...Peter King gets paid to write these things...and he does a darn fine job to boot).  :lol:

#2.  This just in ... Randy Johnson's pretty good. (I am now taking numbers to kick this guys ass).  :doh:

#3.  I think, 19 days before the draft, the biggest flux team is Miami. No question. The Dolphins want to move out of the No. 2 pick and will have trouble finding a partner to swap with. (Oooh...a football thought?!?  WTF?!?).  :devil:

#4.  I think Ty Law will end up with the Jets. (Hmmm...that could be annoying).  :doh:

295281[/snapback]

What, no update on his latest coffee encounter or a tip on his favorite movie of the week?????

Peter King proves sometimes getting great jobs is just a matter of right place, right time.

295298[/snapback]

What he proves is that his articles get people to CNNSI, or whatever the hell it is now. I read somewhere that his article is the most clicked on consistently on this site. I must admit I do read him, even though I find him to be an idiot.

Much like Clayton, I think "insiders"in the league trust him and he does get good info sometime. Just have to shrift through the crappola to find it :devil:

I must admit I do read him, even though I find him to be an idiot.

:devil:

295304[/snapback]

That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

Thank goodness he didn't leave his home in Essex County, or we would have had to hear about one or more of the following:

- A story about the nice lady at American Airlines who bumped everyone out of first class so he could sit alone in his boxers eating Twinkies;

- A story about all the people on the plane who recognized him as the mega-star that he is;

- His insightful opinion regarding the pros and cons of the Embraer 145 Regional Jet; and/or,

- A tie-in story about what a lovely time he had taking Mary Beth back to school.

And yet...I go back week after week. :doh:

Not a week ago.....

SkyChiefs make it tough on Johnson

295485[/snapback]

We all know exhibition games are a terrific gauge. In fact, last season the Seattle Mariners won the Cactus League. :rolleyes:

It's cool that those guys got a chance to face a real MLB star in a game that meant nothing to him. Even better that they lit him up. Still, it was pretty obvious last night that the Unit is still terrific even without his best stuff.

I just hate this guy. Check out todays all important factoid...

Before I get to your mail, let me offer a shameless plug for an event this Friday in Boston. I'll be appearing at a Tufts University-sponsored sports media panel from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at The Fours, rated by SI as the No. 1 sports bar in America. Daughter Laura, a senior Jumbo, is planning it, so you can be sure there will be some fun involved, and perhaps some information, too, about how to get a job in this business. You can find out more at: http://www.tufts.edu/alumni/c-chapter(boston11).html. I can guarantee but one thing about the evening: I'll be answering some Patriots questions.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...lbag/index.html

My question is this...he refers to his daughter Laura as "a senior Jumbo." Does this means she's a big fat ass like him?

I'm not sure what you guys want out of Peter King. Although he often touches upon non-football issues, he consistently reports on relevant football news. The fact that you keep going back to him week after week even though you "hate" him merely proves that he must be saying something that you find interesting.

Personally, I think the outside stories, although occassionally uninteresting and pompous, are part of what makes the column so popular. If you only want the facts on what's going on in the NFL, read the AP wire.

From todays column...

#1.  I think John Paul II was a darn fine Pope, and we'll miss him. (Yes folks...Peter King gets paid to write these things...and he does a darn fine job to boot).  B-)

#2.  This just in ... Randy Johnson's pretty good. (I am now taking numbers to kick this guys ass).  :lol:

#3.  I think, 19 days before the draft, the biggest flux team is Miami. No question. The Dolphins want to move out of the No. 2 pick and will have trouble finding a partner to swap with. (Oooh...a football thought?!?  WTF?!?).  :lol:

#4.  I think Ty Law will end up with the Jets. (Hmmm...that could be annoying).  :lol:

295281[/snapback]

How's his brother DON???? :lol: