Kentucky > Army Corps of Engineers: Bye bye Carp!

BringBackFergy

On 8/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

This was from almost a decade ago.  "The Silent Invasion"...LoL... I guess we need another 20 years... But it's coming... Be ready!

Hey... They are shocking fish way back in 2012!  Whaaaaa? Give$??

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/erie-county/crew-to-assess-potential-threat-of-sea-lampreys-in-niagara-river/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR0MwS6XrRMHJflFFuwHhs_kSN0p0duia596_Obb0uNuYK6_bb4Uh2hhFgs

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, T&C said:

The sea lampreys actually came from the Finger Lakes thru the Erie Canal by way of the sea... Thank: @Mike in Horseheadsand Seneca Lake! 😉 😜 

Yeah... They know how to control (I believe they cyanide the lamprey breeding spots) the lamprey after 60 years...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, T&C said:

Thank you for posting this update.  Here's the a quote from the article:

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says that in the parasitic phase of its life, the average sea lamprey will kill up to 40 pounds of fish. This information is based upon a study made by the US Army Corps of Engineers from the 1970's.  It is well documented, that the Army Corps of Engineers designed locks to allowed sea lampreys to wiggle through lock chambers and infest the once pristine Great Lakes.  A member of the Army Corps, however, issued a sworn affidavit that such documents were lost in a fuel fire during a near by tractor accident in a protected swamp. This member of the Corps (who wished to remain nameless, condition of anonymity) was unable to be interviewed by this author as he was busy with a Wordle puzzle."

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Thank you for posting this update.  Here's the a quote from the article:

"The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service says that in the parasitic phase of its life, the average sea lamprey will kill up to 40 pounds of fish. This information is based upon a study made by the US Army Corps of Engineers from the 1970's.  It is well documented, that the Army Corps of Engineers designed locks to allowed sea lampreys to wiggle through lock chambers and infest the once pristine Great Lakes.  A member of the Army Corps, however, issued a sworn affidavit that such documents were lost in a fuel fire during a near by tractor accident in a protected swamp. This member of the Corps (who wished to remain nameless, condition of anonymity) was unable to be interviewed by this author as he was busy with a Wordle puzzle."

They came through the Erie Canal first... Those are NYS run locks.   😆 

6 hours ago, Draconator said:

Hi. I'm Mister late to the party. 

The only thing I get out of this is...

The Chinese Fish Invasion

Lets build a wall to keep the Chinese Fish out. 

Now where have I heard that before...

Already built.  25 years ago.  3 walls/fences actually!

Been there done that... This has been going on since the 1990s.  Where are the Asian carp in Great Lakes? Thank you thank you, I will be here the next +30 years, try the crow!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.