Could Shady be done in Buffalo?

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

And also, since there’s almost no contact in training camp anymore and almost less in preseason games, the only way Shady gets cut is if he shows no mental or emotional interest in playing anymore. I highly doubt that’ll be the case, but I don’t know the man personally.

...just some Oldtime opinion yap, but Shady is here for 2019 in a reduced yet more diversified role and 2020 is a definite NO.........no plow horse dependency....if memory serves, me. we got caught short with Murphy and Jones injuries, Shady's intermittent hammy to where the Ford kid got some work....don't recall where DiMarco was able to step in to mitigate effectively....could see us keeping 4 with DiMarco as the odd man out despite his vet locker room leadership......sometimes you have to roll the "dice of opportunity" and hope for the best looking ahead.....

41 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just some Oldtime opinion yap, but Shady is here for 2019 in a reduced yet more diversified role and 2020 is a definite NO.........no plow horse dependency....if memory serves, me. we got caught short with Murphy and Jones injuries, Shady's intermittent hammy to where the Ford kid got some work....don't recall where DiMarco was able to step in to mitigate effectively....could see us keeping 4 with DiMarco as the odd man out despite his vet locker room leadership......sometimes you have to roll the "dice of opportunity" and hope for the best looking ahead.....

I wonder if, with an upgraded O-line, DiMarco gets used in a blocking role for Shady the way Jerome Felton was supposed to do for us, like Felton did with Adian Peterson in Minnesota? Peterson made a lot of yards running behind Felton. Shady needs a good supporting cast to be effective (like he had in '16. '17). Perhaps we'll see DiMarco take more of that role?

I also have this weird desire to see McCoy take a lateral from Gore, or visa versa, at some point during the season. I know that probably won't happen, but it'd be cool to see.

27 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I wonder if, with an upgraded O-line, DiMarco gets used in a blocking role for Shady the way Jerome Felton was supposed to do for us, like Felton did with Adian Peterson in Minnesota? Peterson made a lot of yards running behind Felton. Shady needs a good supporting cast to be effective (like he had in '16. '17). Perhaps we'll see DiMarco take more of that role?

I also have this weird desire to see McCoy take a lateral from Gore, or visa versa, at some point during the season. I know that probably won't happen, but it'd be cool to see.

...some very interesting perspectives............:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Since there’s almost no contact in training camp anymore and almost less in preseason games, the only way Shady gets cut is if he shows no mental or emotional interest in playing anymore. I highly doubt that’ll be the case, but I don’t know the man personally.

The Bills probably have 40-45 players already making the team. Camp and preseason get the remaining ones