More bad news for Kerry

OnTheRocks

Now if they'd just control spending and cut some regulations.  Yeah, that's likely.  ;)

21950[/snapback]

As a matter of fact he brought up cutting spending continuously. I watched much of it and it was amazing. The repubs are trying to paint a good picture, and the dems are whining about the tax cuts and how bad things are.

AD, why does everybody call this a cut for the "rich?" My taxes were reduced and I am anything but rich.

As a matter of fact he brought up cutting spending continuously. I watched much of it and it was amazing. The repubs are trying to paint a good picture, and the dems are whining about the tax cuts and how bad things are.

AD, why does everybody call this a cut for the "rich?" My taxes were reduced and I am anything but rich.

21965[/snapback]

Because the average American believes what CNN, CBS,and ABC tells them. They don;t verify things and they are incapable of comparing their paycheck stub from last year to this year.

21965[/snapback]

Talking about it while outlining plans that will cost even more money is nothing more than lip service.

21965[/snapback]

Your federal taxes were reduced a little. Wonderful. Ever stop to think where the money to run the government came from? Since Bush literally never met a spending bill he didn't sign, there was no accountability on his part there. Not to mention mismanaging Iraq for another $200 billion. He simply rang it all up on the USA's credit card- also known as the National Debt. That record-setting, crushing debt upset the bond markets, caused prolonged general economic sluggishness, the loss of over 2 million jobs, the list goes on. So you see, what the middle class tax "cut" actually results in is a cheap attempt to buy votes by putting a few dollars in our pockets now, hoping we don't notice the more abstract consequences of future debt, which nonetheless bit the economy on the arse.

Oh, and BTW there is substantial interest on the national Visa card that Bush used to buy votes with. Who will pay for it all? You and me...and our children.

Your federal taxes were reduced a little.  Wonderful.  Ever stop to think where the money to run the government came from?  Since Bush literally never met a spending bill he didn't sign,  there was no accountability on his part there.  Not to mention mismanaging Iraq for another $200 billion.  He simply rang it all up on the USA's credit card- also known as the National Debt.  That record-setting, crushing debt upset the bond markets, caused prolonged general economic sluggishness, the loss of over 2 million jobs,  the list goes on.  So you see, what  the middle class tax "cut" actually results in is a cheap attempt to buy votes by putting a few dollars in our pockets now, hoping we don't notice the more abstract consequences of future debt, which nonetheless bit the economy on the arse.

Oh, and BTW there is substantial interest on the national Visa card that Bush used to buy votes with.    Who will pay for it all?  You and me...and our children.

22095[/snapback]

Ahhh... Livin' on the "float"...

Not a good way to be if YOU DON'T HAVE TO!

Your federal taxes were reduced a little.  Wonderful.  Ever stop to think where the money to run the government came from?  Since Bush literally never met a spending bill he didn't sign,  there was no accountability on his part there.  Not to mention mismanaging Iraq for another $200 billion.  He simply rang it all up on the USA's credit card- also known as the National Debt.  That record-setting, crushing debt upset the bond markets, caused prolonged general economic sluggishness, the loss of over 2 million jobs,  the list goes on.  So you see, what  the middle class tax "cut" actually results in is a cheap attempt to buy votes by putting a few dollars in our pockets now, hoping we don't notice the more abstract consequences of future debt, which nonetheless bit the economy on the arse.

Oh, and BTW there is substantial interest on the national Visa card that Bush used to buy votes with.    Who will pay for it all?  You and me...and our children.

22095[/snapback]

Yeah, because that's somehow different from what the Democrats would have done. [/sarcasm]

Let's keep pretending. It's fun.

Yeah, because that's somehow different from what the Democrats would have done.  [/sarcasm]

Let's keep pretending.  It's fun.

22130[/snapback]

Actually, it is radically and cynically different than what the previous (Democratic) administration actually did. They paid down the debt, produced confidence in the economy and rode the resulting longest peacetime economic expansion in history.

No pretending there, AD. This all actually happened.

Actually, it is radically and cynically different than what the previous (Democratic) administration actually did.  They paid down the debt, produced confidence in the economy and rode the resulting longest peacetime economic expansion in history. 

No pretending there, AD.  This all actually happened.

22189[/snapback]

Do you think Newt Gingrich helped just a little?

Actually, it is radically and cynically different than what the previous (Democratic) administration actually did.  They paid down the debt, produced confidence in the economy and rode the resulting longest peacetime economic expansion in history. 

No pretending there, AD.  This all actually happened.

22189[/snapback]

Yeah, based on what policies?

You lemmings never cease to amaze me. You give the Clinton Administration credit for things they didn't do and trumpet it like it was the 11-15th Commandments that Mel Brooks dropped in "History of the World Part I". Then you whine like schoolgirls when the other side does the exact same thing. Funny part is, you're both wrong.

The expansion had almost nothing to do with government policy. It had everything to do with the internet boom, the birth of a new and much larger investment class, and the flattening of global energy prices. Do you give credit to the goverment for inventing the assembly line too?

As far as "paying down the debt", wake up and smell what you're shoveling. The government continued to steal money from Social Security and leave nothing but IOUs behind to pay for itself. It's a phenomenon far worse than Enron.

Had the Dems been able to organize during the first 2 years Mr. Clinton was in office, we'd have been seriously screwed. The best thing that happened for the American citizen was the mid term elections when the Republicans seized control of Congress. That ensured little new spending because of the gridlock created.

The American people created the economy of the '90s IN SPITE of the government. Not because of it.

21965[/snapback]

The reason people say that is because the top 1% receive over 50% of the total cut:

share of tax cut

In addition, even though federal taxes went down, many people experienced overall tax increases because the slowdown in the economy caused states and localities to raise taxes and fees.