Got the new PFW Draft Guide

NCDAWG

i dont knjow how that one is but i had the sporting news one last year. It was pretty good but contained little that I couldn't find on espn.com, especially since I have insider.

i dont knjow how that one is but i had the sporting news one last year.  It was pretty good but contained little that I couldn't find on espn.com, especially since I have insider.

293686[/snapback]

Same here. The ESPN insider is pretty good for draft info. I had both ESPN and TSN's online draft guide last year, and I thought the ESPN insider was pretty good. Plus, they give you good player breakdowns/bios on the veterans as well as the rookies.

One of the nicest features is that they include bios on almost 99% of players ready for the draft. They had stuff on our kick returner Mcgee, the year we drafted him, when no one else did. Yes I know he was an undrafted FA. Good stuff for the later picks.

I bought mine on Tuesday, this is the best "poor man's" draft guide to get, IMO.

I know some guys who actually buy the big in-depth draft books. I'm sorry but I can not afford those.

I ran into one guy who actually got his hands on a draft manual that the coaches and GM's use on draft day. I have no idea how he got one of them, but it was very in-depth.

One of the nicest features is that they include bios on almost 99% of players ready for the draft.  They had stuff on our kick returner Mcgee, the year we drafted him, when no one else did.  Yes I know he was an undrafted FA.  Good stuff for the later picks.

293746[/snapback]

McGee was a 4th round pick buddy.

McGee was a 4th round pick buddy.

293777[/snapback]

Really, ok. The reason I thought he was undrafted is that other draft mags didnt have him listed. Sorry. Thanks for the correction. Pal :angry:

Is Ourlads available in bookstores or only via their website?

293799[/snapback]

You need to order it through the website or call them. Their order page is very easy to maneuver through. I've bought for years and enjoy the in depth coverage and the opinions. The books are probably going out this week so I imagine if you order, you'll get it within seven days. Good Luck

If you guys want me to look up a players info, let me know.  I love how in-depth this guide is compared to the other magazines.

293409[/snapback]

If you can share some info about these guys it would be great:

Watter Curry DE Albany State

Marcus White DE Murray State

Jimmy St Louis TE Murray State

Patrick Body S Toledo

Tommy Manus WR Morgan State

Daniel Legger SS Colorado Mines

Russ Babe LB Minnesota Duluth

Well, since you offered, can you tell us a bit about the OT from Alabama?

294194[/snapback]

Wesley Britt

6-8 314 5.3 40 yd dash est

POSITIVES

Experienced 4 year starter who will battle and compete. Huger frame with room to grow. Gets positioning and takes good angles. Can maneuver and move feet to seal. Works hard to sustain. Smart and show awareness to pick up blitz. Adequate athletic ability to get down field and adjust. Best as arun blocker

NEGATIVES

Lacks lower-body strength, plays too tall, loses leverage and struggles anchoring. Falls off blocks. Hands are too slow and to often go outside his body. Gets pushed around too much. Not a great finisher. Has small hand and short arms for his size and has difficulty steering and locking out. Cant sink hips and is not a natural bender. Durability and issue. No mean streak.

SUMMARY

Solid zone blocking tackle who lacks the foot quickness teams like on the left side and the toughness to play on the right. Could develop into an adequate starter because of run-blocking ability. A mid-round pick if he clears physical.