Things to do/see in Toronto

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Liar:

I went to see a fight, and a hockey game broke out !

Or is that the other way?

Really easy to bill one’s country as a ‘peaceful people’, when your southern neighbor is spending.hundreds of $billions to defend the crown, while ‘the crown’ spends nothing, except on the queen’s hats.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Senator said:

I went to see a fight, and a hockey game broke out !

Or is that the other way?

Really easy to bill one’s country as a ‘peaceful people’, when your southern neighbor is spending.hundreds of $billions to defend the crown, while ‘the crown’ spends nothing, except on the queen’s hats.

We won in 1812

defending against what? The USSR?

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

We won in 1812

defending against what? The USSR?

From my own studies, 1812 was the true ending of the Revolution - the Brits just got tired of fighting, and both sides laid down their weapons and went home.

We don’t bow to the queen - there’s no such thing as primogeniture, and the concept that one should be revered, worshipped, adored simply because their name is Windsor, is quite foreign, and completely ridiculous.

You folks are a wonderful, peaceful people - a great northern neighbor, and vast buffer should the Soviets, er, um, Russia, decide to cross the Bering Straits and march down here.

Meanwhile, we’ll continue to defend the world - Putin just might be as ambitious as Stalin.

JMHO