Tight End and Defensive Tackle Draft Depth

15 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Best player available vs position of need.  It is conceivable that a team may select a player who is not #1 on their board because a similarly rated player on their board fits a pressing need.  Teams do it all the time for QB’s.

Yes...I understand but it doesn’t really apply to the 2019 Bills who have needs throughout the roster, except at QB for a change.

...at what point do we seriously consider valuing the TE spot with a Gonzo/Gates/Mackey/Witten/Gronk, etc type as an integral part of this offense (sure as hell have had our butts smoked by TE's) or will it forever be viewed as a position of lesser importance and addressed with marginal mediocrity?....

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...at what point do we seriously consider valuing the TE spot with a Gonzo/Gates/Mackey/Witten/Gronk, etc type as an integral part of this offense (sure as hell have had our butts smoked by TE's) or will it forever be viewed as a position of lesser importance and addressed with marginal mediocrity?....

Not saying that drafting one isn’t important, but we’re sny of those guys 1st Round Picks? I’d be happy with a guy anywhere in rounds 1-3 who shows the ability to be a pass catcher.

Any of Hockenson, Fant, Smith Jr., Sternberger, Knox would be fine by me. Obviously depends where (I’d be pissed if we took Knox in round 1 obviously). 

But overall all I think they’ll address it and I personally think they’ll draft two of them. One in the 2nd or 3rd and one in rounds 4-6 

• Like (+1) 1